Somebody at RIM needs to get their heads out of the sand, and try to get a standard release date for these phones.

They are damaging their own products by having the carriers' disjointed release dates. October (maybe) for ATT, who knows when for Sprint and Verizon. Could be today, could be September.

RIM should have had the release dates for their Blackberry Night or whatever the heck it was. Instead, people are left scratching their heads.

I own a 9000 and love the form factor, but I can't deal with this crappy company. Prices are too high too, especially compared to the Iphone.
    08-08-11 09:36 PM
    RIM doesn't control when carriers release their devices. Each of the carriers have different testing practices thus impossible to coordinate a simultaneous launch. RIM has nothing to do with this. It's all up to your respective provider..
    08-08-11 09:40 PM
    What's damaging is inconsistent messages and non strategic leaks.

The fact that you don't know when the item you're interested in will be available from your carrier isn't a problem- your impatience translating into incorrect negative perception is.

As for everything else, you fail.
    08-08-11 09:41 PM
    Not a great answer. They should have gotten the product to the carriers to ensure that these phones could be released, or at least gotten the carriers to piggyback actual release dates with the blackberry night release.
    08-08-11 09:42 PM
    And it is not impatience. It is about planning on signing a contract. If the phone releases in two weeks, I would be interested and would probably get the 9900. If the phone releases in October, I would consider the new Iphone versus the 9900. As it stands now, it just appears they RIM was totally uncoordinated or couldn't produce the actual product on time.
    08-08-11 09:46 PM
    Not a great answer. They should have gotten the product to the carriers to ensure that these phones could be released, or at least gotten the carriers to piggyback actual release dates with the blackberry night release.
    No your expectations are unreal and border on the absurd. Why is it ok for Samsung to release the same phone on different carriers at different times, but not RIM? I'm not quite sure you realize the complexity of releasing multiple devices on multiple networks of which have different technology. I assume you don't work in the industry and can't quite comprehend what a difficult task this is.
    purijagmohan, simsim and johnmarki like this.
    08-08-11 09:53 PM
    cx is right. it is up to the carriers to release. and if you had not just joined this forum 2 months ago, would you even know about these new phones coming out?

95% of the world does not. and vzn (for example) just does not do a lot of pre release hype. and also pretty sure none of them plan new releases around customer renewal dates.

and it seems like they are doing something right. they are big red, after all.
    08-08-11 09:54 PM
    Samsung produces a lot of different phones, and they release new phones on almost constant basis, so there is a constant stream of phones coming out. You want a newer released Samsung phone, you can get it, in various styles. RIM hasn't produced a new phone in how long? I guess that is the issue. You have 3 or 4 phones coming out and can't even coordinate the release dates among the carriers? I don't think that is good planning.
    08-08-11 09:59 PM
    you are absolutely right. you should buy rim, then fire everybody. seriously why would rim need all their phones to come out at the same time?

and now that i think about it....the is the most coordinated phone release i can remember rim having in the past 5 years or so. when is the last time that all the major carriers around the world got a blackberry flagship device in this close of a time frame?

vzn never got the bold 9000.

maybe cx can answer, but i can't remember this ever happening since i have owned BB's.

Samsung produces a lot of different phones, and they release new phones on almost constant basis, so there is a constant stream of phones coming out. You want a newer released Samsung phone, you can get it, in various styles. RIM hasn't produced a new phone in how long? I guess that is the issue. You have 3 or 4 phones coming out and can't even coordinate the release dates among the carriers? I don't think that is good planning.
    08-08-11 10:55 PM
    Sounds far fetched but maybe there is some type of conspiracy going on. On which end? I don't know. But hey, what do I know.....
    08-09-11 01:04 AM
    Sounds far fetched but maybe there is some type of conspiracy going on. On which end? I don't know. But hey, what do I know.....
    What is that? How to cut shareholder value in half in less than five months?
    Is an idiots guide to ruining a once valuable company book being written?

Rim isn't even adept enough at releasing press releases for their products while they were in a free fall.
    08-09-11 01:33 AM
    You do know that these carriers are also competitors of each other. You think RIM has the power to just tell one carrier to wait for the others to finish their testing so that they could all join hands and have that one magical release date you dream of?

You're still not understanding that it's the carrier not RIM that sets release dates.
    08-09-11 01:33 AM
    RIM doesn't owe any of us anything to start off with.

And as stated above, it's up to the carriers now.
    08-09-11 02:17 AM
    RIM doesn't control when carriers release their devices. Each of the carriers have different testing practices thus impossible to coordinate a simultaneous launch. RIM has nothing to do with this. It's all up to your respective provider..
    Thank you.

And isn't it amazing how we all act like blood-hounds months or years before a device exists, seeking out every scrap of information, every rumor, every leaked photo, and make our own "educated guesses" (which we translate into presumed promises) when something is going to happen at a trade show or a earnings call...

And after we convince ourselves that they have it ready in warehouses but are just teasing us by holding it back, we then ***** on RIM for failing to put something into our hands often before it has even been officially announced!

RIM has dropped the ball often, but we are our own worst enemies. It will come when it comes, and if you can't wait, save yourselves from an early heart attack and buy something else.

Imagine a famous painter with lots of demand for his artworks. But everywhere he goes people are telling him "We hear you're working on a new painting". "When can we see it?" "How big is it going to be?" "Who is the model you are using?" "When can we buy it?" "Can we place a pre-order?" "Has it been delayed?" "Other artists have put work out faster than you!"

lol.
    08-09-11 04:27 AM
    Somebody at RIM needs to get their heads out of the sand, and try to get a standard release date for these phones.

They are damaging their own products by having the carriers' disjointed release dates. October (maybe) for ATT, who knows when for Sprint and Verizon. Could be today, could be September.

RIM should have had the release dates for their Blackberry Night or whatever the heck it was. Instead, people are left scratching their heads.

I own a 9000 and love the form factor, but I can't deal with this crappy company. Prices are too high too, especially compared to the Iphone.
    YOU seem to be confused as RIM has nothing to do with all of this buffoonery. Blame the carriers and wild speculative rumors!
    08-09-11 05:12 AM
    YOU seem to be confused as RIM has nothing to do with all of this buffoonery. Blame the carriers and wild speculative rumors!
    Don't forget Crackberry! That's right, I said it. Crackberry is a great source of information but it also gives us the freedom to speculate.

I have been waiting for a year now, like everyone else on here, for the 9930 or whatever name they called it a year ago. It started around October, we thought it would come out before Christmass. Then it went to each and every electronic convention on earth.

It would be fun and sad to be able to look back at our journey for this phone. It has been such a roller coaster. We have felt great highs and lows waiting for this phone BUT we did this to ourselves! We were the ones speculating, trying to turn every little bit of information around to satisfy our need for this phone.

Unless I missed it and it would have been hard since I check this site at least 10 times a day for any new information, RIM or any carriers has not released a date of release and gone back on it yet. Correct me if I am wrong here. So technically, they are not to blame.

In the process, I have made several friends on here and have had a lot of fun coming on Crackberry for every bit of information. I have learned more about my phone by doing this so all in all, I have had a blast.

In closing, once I buy my 9930, I will rest for about a month. Then I will start this process all over again trying to find any information on the QNX phones. Iheard around March of next year is going to be the release date. Also does anyone know if this phone has an autofoucus camera? What type of case do you think it comes with? All important info we need to know.
    08-09-11 06:15 AM
    If carriers decide release dates, what happens when you buy the phone sim-free from an online store? Will it be released sooner?
    08-09-11 06:20 AM
    If carriers decide release dates, what happens when you buy the phone sim-free from an online store? Will it be released sooner?
    Typically it does - but you also usually pay more for it. But sometimes it's worth it.
    08-09-11 06:28 AM
    Samsung is vomiting Google Phones like a bulimic at a speed eating contest. Handy when you don't have to make the software. The BlackBerry Bold Touch is complete, and has been offered up to the CARRIERS who will determine when they provide the phone to the customers. The CARRIER determines when they have bloated it up enough to release it to the customer. If your CARRIER is dropping the ball, you have some choices.
    1. Be patient. You don't have to upgrade until you're ready.
    2. Take whatever the carrier has that you think will be acceptable for you.
    3. Change carriers and get the device you want.

Whatever happens, recognize the market reality of how the business works before you post a tantrum in the store aisle, please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JohnnyTheCanuck likes this.
    08-09-11 06:34 AM

Raptor007 likes this.
    08-09-11 09:20 AM

Too funny!!!
    08-09-11 09:20 AM
    Dear NOOB I did not read the responses but I'm sure there have been several telling you that you are wrong thinking RIM (not Blackberry) has control over the actual release date. In all honesty they have released the devices....to the carriers. It is now up to the carriers to certify them on their networks and release them.

I think NOOBs should do a little more reading prior to posting; I know I did.
    Last edited by digdah; 08-09-11 at 10:03 AM.
    08-09-11 10:00 AM
    I guess the way I look at it is that for consumers/customers, having confusion over release dates is frustrating and sometimes maddening. However, for RIM and the carriers, it's not a big deal because those who want the device and know about its release will be willing to wait and do whatever it takes to get the BB when it eventually launches. In some ways, it doesn't really hurt RIM. Those who are loyal will deal with the confusion. It may hurt RIM if 'undecided' customers choose to buy a different (non BB) device because the BB was delayed and they were due for an upgrade or wanted a new phone and couldn't wait and thus went with a different product. Those who wanted the BB in the first place are probably not the main concern, however.
    08-09-11 10:14 AM
    Given how much control Apple has over the carriers on product announcements and launches it seems only logical that other mfg's should be pushing for the same level of control.

Back in the day RIM was perhaps happy to let the carriers do all the work and get products out etc. But those days should be long gone and the level of competition is far greater. I for one want RIM to succeed, now they just need to want it themselves.
    08-09-11 11:56 AM
    Samsung is vomiting Google Phones like a bulimic at a speed eating contest. Handy when you don't have to make the software. The BlackBerry Bold Touch is complete, and has been offered up to the CARRIERS who will determine when they provide the phone to the customers. The CARRIER determines when they have bloated it up enough to release it to the customer. If your CARRIER is dropping the ball, you have some choices.
    1. Be patient. You don't have to upgrade until you're ready.
    2. Take whatever the carrier has that you think will be acceptable for you.
    3. Change carriers and get the device you want.

Whatever happens, recognize the market reality of how the business works before you post a tantrum in the store aisle, please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm going to be cracking up at the initial part of your post for a week!
    08-09-11 12:06 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD