While the carrier might set the release date it can not do that till RIM supplies them with the hardware or hard shipping date. I do not think either has been accomplished as we are too far from all of this happening.
    Good point....
    06-14-11 06:29 PM
    CSR personnel are the last people you want to garner release date information from. They are usually the last to know.
    Just maybe there are a slim few who take the time and do research and ask their higher ups. I never said this info is 100% official...NO ONE (yes not even you) know a release date except RIM manangment and or Carrier excecs...again, and I'll keep saying this, anyone can post whatever they feel is useful, NOT for anyone to deem if it's up to their non-verivied status has a RIM employee, carrier tester or carrier upper executive...so post on babe, post on!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-11 06:53 PM
    CSR personnel are the last people you want to garner release date information from. They are usually the last to know.
    Sooo very true!!!! Remember me calling practically every few hours when the 9700 was coming out?!?!?! We started comparing CSR stories and they were all so wildly off the mark it was insane!

That's when I learned - for AT&T info, phonegeek. For general across the board info, CX and Kevin. For CDMA, salomondrin.

Now, if someone posts an *actual* roadmap.....OK...
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 06-15-11 at 06:32 AM.
    06-15-11 06:16 AM
    So if the person I spoke to at the Sprint call center is right (around mid-July) will those who scoffed and demeaned me about just even posting some? Kind of info at least have the B*lls to muck in and be a player and say, YES Lefty. Your Sprint guy was spot on? Some of you will, but most who raked me over the coals will just ignore and never say I was right. And YES! If RIM officially comes out with a "sorry delayed" statement tomorrow, I'll at least be a stand up guy and say my info was totally wrong and those who said different were right.

06-15-11 09:54 AM
    So if the person I spoke to at the Sprint call center is right (around mid-July) will those who scoffed and demeaned me about just even posting some? Kind of info at least have the B*lls to muck in and be a player and say, YES Lefty. Your Sprint guy was spot on? Some of you will, but most who raked me over the coals will just ignore and never say I was right. And YES! If RIM officially comes out with a "sorry delayed" statement tomorrow, I'll at least be a stand up guy and say my info was totally wrong and those who said different were right.

Let me tell you my cousin works for a carrier in the Caribbean and he is in CHARGE of the blackberry program. He is currently testing the playbook and torch 2, so he is also responsible for field testing. He doesn't know any release dates for the bold, nor does RIM tell him anything more about it. I find it really hard to believe that any CSR just happens to know inside information and chooses to release inside information. They are supposed to be bound by non disclosure agreements...

You have a 50/50 chance of being right. That's pretty good odds, but it doesn't mean that your source was reliable.
    06-15-11 11:04 AM

I swore up and down that AT&T would release the 9780 based on speculation. They didn't, I was wrong. I admitted it. It's no great sin.
    If you were right and the Sprint person was spot on, I will remember you had the correct info and if given a chance I will say it.
    06-15-11 11:10 AM
    Just maybe there are a slim few who take the time and do research and ask their higher ups. I never said this info is 100% official...NO ONE (yes not even you) know a release date except RIM manangment and or Carrier excecs...again, and I'll keep saying this, anyone can post whatever they feel is useful, NOT for anyone to deem if it's up to their non-verivied status has a RIM employee, carrier tester or carrier upper executive...so post on babe, post on!

I never said the CSR info was 100% accurate. I said the CSR's are usually the last to know anything concerning release dates.

And you are correct though - I don't know the release date.
    06-15-11 01:27 PM
    ahh i want this phone to come out soon... i'm excited!
    06-16-11 04:22 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD