Can anyone in the UK point me in the direction of a reputable website / store where I can get hold of either a refurbished or a second hand 9900. I don't want to get one on contract as the BB10 models should be available within this time. Also, I think the price of a brand new handset to be a bit on the high side (circa �350). People have suggested ebay to me but I don't think I'd trust it for a piece of kit like this.

Thanks
    06-13-12 02:04 PM
    Find a local ebay seller and go and meet them and the phone ?
    06-13-12 02:26 PM
    Hi,

I know you said you don't trust eBay but if you look there are quite a few on there as long as you make sure the seller has brilliant feedback you should not have a problem I have bought several high priced gadgets/phones on eBay with no problem

. Only other option is I can think of is amazon "used offers" as you have the fall back of amazon I believe if there is a problem.

Sent From My IPhone 4 S using Tapatalk
    06-13-12 02:28 PM
    Might have a look on ebay then. I'm just a bit dubious about something like this, ie dropped damage / water damage.

Thanks
    06-13-12 02:39 PM
    Might have a look on ebay then. I'm just a bit dubious about something like this, ie dropped damage / water damage.

Thanks
    I can completely understand your hesitation just make sure the seller provides a returns policy the distance selling regulations will cover you aswell just in case there were to be any problems

Sent From My IPhone 4 S using Tapatalk
    06-13-12 02:46 PM
    WTF is a "piece of kit?" Lol.
    06-13-12 08:01 PM
    Just done exactly that.

Ebay. local seller. Met otday at car boot sale. checked phone. Paid. Mint condition. He's happy with cash and no Ebay fees. Everyone's a winner.
    07-22-12 07:26 AM
    Just go to a pawn shop like cash converters on gumtree
    07-22-12 10:11 AM
    Just go to a pawn shop like cash converters on gumtree
    There are usually lots of Blackberry in the window of my local cash converters. Some not in the best of conditions.

When my Dad caught Berry fever he bought a good condition 9780 which I'm still teaching him how to use.

He also picked up a 9300 for someone else. After a couple of days it seemed locked.

When I spoke to the cash converters worker he said people sell them there - go away and claim on the insurance then RIM or the carrier lock them.

He eventually got another 9300 that's been fine now.
    07-22-12 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD