tonight i notice the red light flashing quickly near the LED notification light... what is the purpose of it? isnt it for calls? it is on even when im not in a call..all night it has been, even when i lock the phone. is that normal?
    11-22-11 11:49 PM
    hmm Troll! seriously?
    11-22-11 11:53 PM
    Nothing overtly trollish about that. Calm down, have some dip, Xamanus.

Ryan, the pale flickering red light next to your LED is the proximity sensor that disables the touchscreen when the phone is against your ear on phone calls. Pull your battery; it should turn off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    adelineeleanor likes this.
    11-23-11 12:00 AM
    Nothing overtly trollish about that. Calm down, have some dip, Xamanus.

Ryan, the pale flickering red light next to your LED is the proximity sensor that disables the touchscreen when the phone is against your ear on phone calls. Pull your battery; it should turn off.

thanks.. im sorry, im new to blackberry from the iphone side. i didnt know much. it was draining my battery somehow, i did the battery pull, its gone. thanks
    11-23-11 12:09 AM
    Welcome! You've come to the right place.
    11-24-11 08:14 PM
    Welcome to CB.

Btw, I didn't know the proximity sensor blinked.. I've never seen it blinking when on a call, or when I take the phone away from my ear after a call/during a call. I just thought it sensed when something was close to the device when on a call
    11-24-11 11:36 PM
    Welcome to CB.

Btw, I didn't know the proximity sensor blinked.. I've never seen it blinking when on a call, or when I take the phone away from my ear after a call/during a call. I just thought it sensed when something was close to the device when on a call
    Yeah, mine blinks too, but only when on a call.

And welcome aboard OP
    11-25-11 05:13 AM
    It only blinks not only when you have an incoming or outgoing call but also whenever an app use that sensor. The compass may cause it to blink as well as wikitude browser. Also when NFC e-payments comes to BBs, this sensor will be used to check if the phone is in a holster or close to an ear to prevent unwanted NFC tranactions. The NFC will only work if you take the phone out of a case.

SaMaster14 and ryankidd17 like this.
    11-25-11 09:56 AM
    Oh... OP, nothing to worry about. Welcome to BB world.

11-25-11 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD