So yesterday I bought my 9900, switching from my 9700. I backed up my 9700 to desktop manager and then put my sim in my 9900 and proceeded to complete the setup. I chose to recover my bbm via backup on my memory card, and all worked well, I had my contacts and I was back in all my groups. However, after that, I plugged my 9900 into my computer and ran desktop manager and recovered from the backup I made earlier.

It worked fine and everything was recovered, but also restored my bbm contact list to when I made the 9700 backup and somehow removed the groups from my phone. So now I'm stuck because they're not showing up on my device. I'm admin in some of them so I'm kind of locked out because nobody can reinvite me since I'm the leader. When I go to my friend's phones and look, the groups say I'm still in.

Could anybody help me with this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 12:40 PM
    Nobody????
    09-02-11 07:44 PM
    I had the same issue, just had my friends add me back. You can also ask the to send you a jpg of the barcode. Save it to your computer and scan it...

09-02-11 07:50 PM
    So yesterday I bought my 9900, switching from my 9700. I backed up my 9700 to desktop manager and then put my sim in my 9900 and proceeded to complete the setup. I chose to recover my bbm via backup on my memory card, and all worked well, I had my contacts and I was back in all my groups. However, after that, I plugged my 9900 into my computer and ran desktop manager and recovered from the backup I made earlier.

It worked fine and everything was recovered, but also restored my bbm contact list to when I made the 9700 backup and somehow removed the groups from my phone. So now I'm stuck because they're not showing up on my device. I'm admin in some of them so I'm kind of locked out because nobody can reinvite me since I'm the leader. When I go to my friend's phones and look, the groups say I'm still in.

Could anybody help me with this issue?

i've had this problem before and found no answer. i asked crackberry, howardforums, blackberryforums, blackberry support forums, and @blackberryhelp on twitter.

i've tried manually restoring BBM Groups using desktop manager but this did not do anything either.
    09-02-11 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD