Hi,

No matter what I do, the reconcile from Gmail to BB never seems to work. I wait a day, two days, no difference. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
    12-04-11 07:03 AM
    In general, gmail synch works very well. Without further details, its hard to determine the reason for your problems (any other accounts on device? coming from a different device? how did you migrate? what do you synch - mail, calendar, contacts, all? Does nothing at all work or only certain elements? Have you checked the calendar/contact synch boxes? etc. etc.).

Without details, I can only recommend you to delete the gmail account from the phone and set it up newly. This always worked formy gmail account, after hanging following a migration from a different device.
    12-04-11 07:21 AM
    Apologies for lack of details. Let me answer you:

1. I have one other email account on my Bold, a work email.
    2. Syncing from Bold to Gmail on my laptop works a treat. I delete something, it deletes on the laptop Gmail. Deleting something on my Gmail at home, leads to no difference on Bold - the email stays in place.
    3. I only sync email. Contacts and calender are done though Outlook.
    4. I have checked settings - wireless sync, etc. But to no avail.

What does migration mean in this context?

Thanks.
    12-04-11 07:27 AM
    Migration from an older BB to the current, e.g. through desktop manager. Whenever I do that, my gmail account hangs up. I always have to delete it and set it up again, then it resumes work.

There are known issues with email reconciliation between gmail and BB - to my knowledge not resolved yet. I got used to it so it doesn't bother me. E.g. I know that if I delete an email on my BB I will have to delete it on my gmail account later too. This seems to work better with a "real" Exchange account. There a several reconciliation threads in most BB forums, I recommend to search there to clarify the current status. But I'm afraid you will have to live with it for the moment.

I can't comment on running gmail and a work account in parallel on one BB, but do not think that this causes the problems you described. Sorry, no more/better information on my side.
    12-04-11 07:43 AM
    1. Delete your Gmail account from your BB.
    2. Log on to Gmail on your PC.
    3. Go to Gmail settings.
    4. Go to POP/IMAP settings.
    5. Disable POP and enable IMAP.
    6. Set up your Gmail account on your BB again.

Once this done, edit the account and check the items you want to syncronize.
    12-04-11 08:20 AM
    How disable auto delete my mail inbox on gmail account???

Problem face... Everytime. I restarts my bb9780 or remove simcard or use tehering modem on my pc or laptop. My email on gmail will auto automatically deleted...

Pls guide me how to stop this matter happening on my gmail...again
    02-22-12 09:31 AM
    In APP world..... Search for 'gmail'......... There's an app called 'Email and Phonebook Update fdor Blackberry'. Must be pretty involved process...... The app is $49.99
    Last edited by duckduke; 02-23-12 at 01:06 AM.
    02-22-12 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD