I have been dealing with this issue since the day I purchased my 9930 from Sprint back in August, but it seems to be happening more frequently.

This will not happen during calls, however if I am using a mobile app, texting, e-mail or using the browser... my device will dip from 3G, to 1X with either no bars or full bars, and then completely cut off with a 1x (lower case x), which stops whatever I am doing. This will usually happen 2-3 times within a 10-20 minute period. It is very frustrating, especially when I am working or an app feed is attempting to load or refresh. Again, this never happens during calls. I am still using the first OS on the phone, as Sprint has yet to push an update.

I live in the suburbs of a large city, in a densly populated area full of cell phone towers and 3 Sprint stores within an 8 mile radius. I am usually at work or at home, but it happens wherever I travel. I never had this problem with Sprint before, and I've ran a 9650, 9630, Curve 3G, and an 8330.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe
    12-09-11 03:02 AM
    may be an OS update could fix this, if you haven't had problem with your operator before this then most likely your device is at fault. If your friends or some one in the family has a 9930 on sprint use there device and see if you come across the same problems. otherwise complaint to sprint and if possible get ur device replaced.
    12-09-11 03:07 AM
    Thanks for the help. I might go up to Sprint this weekend and see what they have to say. Unfortunately I no longer know anyone with a Blackberry.. everyone went to Android and iPhone.
    12-09-11 03:27 AM
    Before you give up try to go into your mobile network and make sure your "mobile technology" is set to 1XEV and not Global. This kind of thing happened to me also and this change seemingly resolved it.
    12-09-11 05:50 AM
    Try updating your profile and prl in the Mobile Network options.
    12-09-11 06:57 AM
    From what I understand a lot of work being done to sprint towers all my phones have seen a big drop off in signal lately
    12-09-11 10:28 AM
    Thanks you for the replies. My PRL updated and my settings were on Global... I changed it to 1XEV. This was done just a couple minutes ago so we'll see if it works better? What's the difference and what happens if the device is set on Global or 1XEV? Thanks, Joe
    12-09-11 08:18 PM
    The problem is still occuring, and might just be me but it now seems more frequent. Do you have other possible ideas? Thanks, Joe
    12-10-11 02:37 PM
    Windmobile is fine with reception and decent quality on my end. When using telus on CDMA, it varied.

CDMA=Voice or Data, unless it has improved to allow both.
    12-10-11 08:22 PM
    I've been noticing a problem with the WIFI on the 9900. The signal drops from my wifi network and then the wifi icon simply disappears like its turned itself off. Then it'll come on and be fine for a bit, then drop again. I may try a new OS to see if it helps but I was just wondering if these issues are common with the bolds.
    12-14-11 05:04 PM
    I've been noticing a problem with the WIFI on the 9900. The signal drops from my wifi network and then the wifi icon simply disappears like its turned itself off. Then it'll come on and be fine for a bit, then drop again. I may try a new OS to see if it helps but I was just wondering if these issues are common with the bolds.
    Mine is kind of like that. My 9700 would have full signal and my 9900, well it varies.
    12-14-11 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD