Really?! Cuz its saying I'm on .576 and I could have sworn I was on .590?!?! Why is bbdm saying there are no updates for my 9900 if there is .590 available for me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-12 08:28 AM
    It all depends what carrier you're on. You don't get the updates from RIM(manufacturers of blackberry). RIM passes the updates onto all the carriers, and they are the ones who choose to release it (after testing) to consumers. .576 may be the latest one for you.

If you want a later version go to the OS threads here on crackberry.com. You can download the OS versions onto your computer and do it manually through blackberry desktop manager. And you can do that despite your carrier. Just as long as you delete the Vendor.XML file. You'll find all the help you need here in the crackberry forums and even videos! Good luck! If you find yourself stuck, you can either post another thread or just PM me, and ill give you some tips.

We all love the new members who join crackberry.com
    01-04-12 09:03 AM
    Wow I felt like a moderator there lol
    01-04-12 09:05 AM
    Ill be honest, I'm on Stock OS, version 261 and i can have up to 2 days of battery. So I'm fine with that. I think most people moves to newer OS because of battery life, but with mine, I haven't had any issues with my stock os.

My 2 cent
    I just upgraded to 579 and regretted big time! Drained down my battery from fully charge to 20% in less than a day!! Going down to 261!
    Last edited by royeight; 01-04-12 at 01:23 PM.
    01-04-12 01:20 PM
    you need to give it some time to let the OS settle in. just in case of
    What do you mean by that? I should leave the 579 in my phone and let it settle down by itself? Or I shouldn't download the OS in the site to let it settle down?

Anyway, I'm halfway in the process of downgrading now...

Sidetrack: Actually what's the difference between those different firmware eg. 7.0.0.5xx,4xx,2xx?? Any major changes?
    01-04-12 01:56 PM
    I'm on 374. I just got my bold on the 31st. The os seems to be snappy and the battery life is quite good, but nothing near 2 days. More like one or one and a half. Other than that. How do you guys like .261? Is it that superb?
    01-04-12 02:02 PM
    leave the .579 OS on your phone and let it settle in maybe you can see some slight improvements by time.
    but i see that you are downgrading now lol
    Oh god....I was like 40-50% through the downgrading process when I saw your post. Any major differences between 579 and 261?
    01-04-12 02:14 PM
    I hate when people post once and never go back to the thread. Its not their fault. I don't blame them. Its not an obligation. Just irks me lol. Let 579 settle for a few days and see how it treats you. If you find yourself struggling with it, just downgrade to 261. I'm on .374. It carries a few bugs but I'm happy with it overall. I love my new bold. I'm never leaving blackberry again unless they go full touch for every device. I need a physical qwerty keyboard on my device lol.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    01-04-12 03:38 PM
    I love this phone but hate the slow, unresponsive browser. Does upgrading to the latest OS really improve the browser?
    01-04-12 03:51 PM
    I love this phone but hate the slow, unresponsive browser. Does upgrading to the latest OS really improve the browser?
    When I first got my 9900 I hated the browser, it was unbearably slow. I have upgraded to 7.0.0.585 and the first thing (pretty much the only thing) I noticed was the browser was faster, still wouldn't say it was snappy but it's faster than the stock OS. I always wait 'til my DM indicates that I have an upgrade available (just my personal preference).
    01-04-12 04:31 PM
    I just upgraded to 579 and regretted big time! Drained down my battery from fully charge to 20% in less than a day!! Going down to 261!
    Giving 1 or 2 day to settle first!?? Nahh......
    01-04-12 05:16 PM
    There's no way I can wait until Tmobile releases the new update. I need to find a windows computer so thay I may update.
    01-04-12 06:05 PM
    When I upgraded my 9900 to os .579, the thing I hated most about blackberry and envied most about droid/iPhone, was fixed!

Not only do I get much more consistant service and no more annoying 'sos' signal, I get full blast 4g. But the thing I hated most about my bberries? The slow browser and inability to stream youtube without issues. With the .579 os upgrade, I can now watch a youtube video while walking around, or with the phone placed on a desk, and its just as snappy as a pc. No lagginess or buffering bs anymore. Now, in my opinion, droid and iphone can't hold a candle to blackberry. Their famed browser speed has been matched by bberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-12 09:11 PM
    Can you try loading up a website that check everyonce in a while?

Battlefield 3 Forums - Battlefield 3 Forums - The World-Class Battlefield 3 Community

When I load it up, it takes soo long that my screen starts to dimm (10 seconds). When it finally does load its very slow and checkerboards everywhere as I scroll.

Thanks
    01-04-12 09:32 PM
    Can you try loading up a website that check everyonce in a while?

Battlefield 3 Forums - Battlefield 3 Forums - The World-Class Battlefield 3 Community

When I load it up, it takes soo long that my screen starts to dimm (10 seconds). When it finally does load its very slow and checkerboards everywhere as I scroll.

Thanks
    It doesn't have to dim. You can use the Leave It On App and can keep the screen lit for a long time.
    01-04-12 11:29 PM
    I know it does not have to dimm; I just said that as a reference of how long it takes (more than ten seconds). A 650 phone should not take more than 10 seconds to load up a page with no flash. Why can my brother's IP4s load it up much faster on Sprints 2mb network.
    I need to upgrade asap; I love this phone.
    01-04-12 11:34 PM
    Oh god....I was like 40-50% through the downgrading process when I saw your post. Any major differences between 579 and 261?
    Hi, have you solved your battery issue with a downgrade back to 261?

Because I run into exactly the same battery drain after upgrading from 261 to 579. I have monitored 579 for a week already. It is causing memory drain, universal search not working...to me. It seems it has fewer storage leaks though.

Thanks.
    01-15-12 07:51 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD