Today I went to two different Verizon stores and both didn't have the 9930, one didn't even knew when it was coming out. Overall I really like this phone, it just looked good. My wife even liked it and she gave up on blackberry a long time ago. She's ready to trade in the Droid x for it. Good job Rim, just keep improving.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 07:53 PM
    They are not launched in the retail channel yet, its an online exclusive for a while,
    08-16-11 07:54 PM
    In stores August 25th; in-store reps are clueless.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-17-11 at 07:09 AM.
    tino72#CB likes this.
    08-16-11 07:56 PM
    I also found out the hard way that they are not coming out in store until the 25th, though the stores had no clue whatsoever. One actually had no blackberry devices at all displayed or available in store (it was a VZW Corporate store as well). I tweeted my frustration and a VZW support person tweeted back to me the information, unfortunate that their own employees have no clue and we have to get our information from Twitter. I really hope this next round of devices is well received and pulls back some of the love from droid, you cant go a day as a VZW customer without getting a flyer to upgrade to droid or something.
    08-16-11 08:22 PM
    I went into my local store and the guy had one in back that he brought out and let me play with...couldn't do really too much with it as it hadn't been registered on the network yet so had no connection to 3G. The screen graphics are quite snappy and the fixed focus on the camera isn't really a limitation until you get REALLY close to whatever you're trying to photograph. Up close look at the screen indicates it is quite sharp. He knew nothing about NFC. I would like it except the screen is really not much bigger than the screen on my Tour. That alone is moving me towards the Android world.
    08-17-11 09:03 AM
    It seems there will be a few people switching back from other platforms.
    08-17-11 09:05 AM
    I would really consider it, if they had more apps in the market and if it was going to get QNX. I think that might stop a lot of people just because it probably wont get no kind of upgrade.

tino72#CB likes this.
    08-17-11 10:19 AM
    I will be switching back to BB after a 4 month departure to the Thunderbolt. Should get the 9930 tomorrow and hoping for no issues. Will be glad to have my Android fling out of my system.
    tino72#CB likes this.
    08-17-11 10:27 AM
    I would really consider it, if they had more apps in the market and if it was going to get QNX. I think that might stop a lot of people just because it probably wont get no kind of upgrade.

What apps are critical for your needs? Think long and hard cause most people are app junkies. They keep collecting apps which they never use.
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-17-11 10:31 AM
    I left BlackBerry for Android, then went to iPhone, to Windows Phone 7, back to iPhone, and as of yesterday I'm back to BlackBerry. Loving my 9930 so far as I really missed having a physical keyboard.
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-17-11 11:56 AM
    I left BlackBerry for Android, then went to iPhone, to Windows Phone 7, back to iPhone, and as of yesterday I'm back to BlackBerry. Loving my 9930 so far as I really missed having a physical keyboard.
    Oh man. i've tried everything but win7. To be honest, i always end up coming back to bberry. i guess for my needs, this is the device for me.
    08-17-11 12:02 PM

Sounds like me back in the day, being a device wh0re But of course I came back to reliability.
    Last edited by Zipper; 08-17-11 at 12:22 PM.
    08-17-11 12:09 PM
    I too went to a Verizon store in Sarasota, Florida to inquire about the Bold 9930 today. The clueless rep stated, "I have no idea what you are talking about. Is it a phone or an Internet tablet?'" I simply walked away and left him standing there looking like a fool. It is shameful that Verizon could have such terrible reps in some of their stores. I'm ordering online.
    08-17-11 12:13 PM
    I too went to a Verizon store in Sarasota, Florida to inquire about the Bold 9930 today. The clueless rep stated, "I have no idea what you are talking about. Is it a phone or an Internet tablet?'" I simply walked away and left him standing there looking like a fool. It is shameful that Verizon could have such terrible reps in some of their stores. I'm ordering online.
    I thought all the reps have had their 9930 training by now? That's shameful they don't even know what a 9930 is considering it's going to be released instore next week.
    08-17-11 12:31 PM
    I just received mine a few minuits ago and so far so good I will give my review in a few days.

FranzJoseph likes this.
    08-17-11 12:39 PM
    Welcome back.

I'm so happy to read a lot of threads with "convert" or "returning".

I think it's time I invest.
    lewisc1979 likes this.
    08-17-11 01:09 PM
    I went to my local vzw store to have my contacts transferred over and all three of the reps there were basically drooling over my phone. They all knew it was coming, and all of them had both BBs and Droids and said that this new device may be replacing the Droid as their main phone.

Funny how they were asking me all the questions about and asking to play with it and for me to show them certain things.

Good experience though!
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-17-11 01:32 PM
    I went to my local vzw store to have my contacts transferred over and all three of the reps there were basically drooling over my phone. They all knew it was coming, and all of them had both BBs and Droids and said that this new device may be replacing the Droid as their main phone.

Funny how they were asking me all the questions about and asking to play with it and for me to show them certain things.

Good experience though!
    Awesome...love it! I should the the same at at&t.
    08-17-11 01:44 PM
    I went into my local store and the guy had one in back that he brought out and let me play with...couldn't do really too much with it as it hadn't been registered on the network yet so had no connection to 3G. The screen graphics are quite snappy and the fixed focus on the camera isn't really a limitation until you get REALLY close to whatever you're trying to photograph. Up close look at the screen indicates it is quite sharp. He knew nothing about NFC. I would like it except the screen is really not much bigger than the screen on my Tour. That alone is moving me towards the Android world.
    You should really consider a Playbook. When you need that larger screen it fits the bill bridged to your Blackberry! 9930 and Playbook are a match made.....
    08-17-11 01:53 PM
    You should really consider a Playbook. When you need that larger screen it fits the bill bridged to your Blackberry! 9930 and Playbook are a match made.....
    Yes they are!
    08-18-11 10:19 AM
    Which playbook is the best to purchase? I am a BB newbie I have the Tour 9630 but it recently got water damaged and now I am waiting to purchase a BB Bold 9930 next week. However, I was also considering getting a playbook.
    08-18-11 11:19 AM
    I actually stopped in my local Verizon store today and they had a demo model of the 9930 on display and they were allowing people to special order it.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    08-18-11 03:32 PM
    What apps are critical for your needs? Think long and hard cause most people are app junkies. They keep collecting apps which they never use.
    Pulse,espn pod center,Iradar cobra app,Pandora(limited right now on os7) delta mobile,Navigon,xfinity,790 the zone,680 the fan to name a small few
    08-18-11 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD