Its all on MY BLOG...

I have done a 7 day test of the BB 9900 Battery and below are the results.

Day 1 , 2 & 3 :

Came with 7.0.0.100 installed. I activated my phone and transfered my data onto it.

Used it and played with it a lot..lot lot..

Battery was dead by 5pm. (Started at 8am)

Day 4, 5 & 6.

Installed leaked OS 7.0.0.176. I'm using all this over EDGE and NOT 3G.

Used the phone as normal, browsing for about 15mins total, about 50 emails, 40 sms's and 60-70 BBM's, 4-5 songs.

Imagine my surprice , by 9pm, my battery was still showing 85%, 80% & 79% repectively for day 4,5 & 6.

Day 7.

Installed Leaked 7.0.0.303.

Got my 3G Blackberry Data Plan activated. This was difficult, cause service provider tech support kept saying we cant recognize your phone. They finally told me that my phones showing up as "PROTO" on their system and not Blackberry 9900.

Anyways , they did what they had to and activated my 3G Blackberry Data Plan.

I then started using 3G services from Day 7....half the day and my battery was dead.

Day 8 (Today)

Started My phone at 9am with a full battery and 3G Blackberry "ALWAYS ON".

At 12.15pm (3 hrs later) - My battery was showing 58%.

At 4pm - My Battery is showing 17%

What the ****.... i think i need to go back to 7.0.0.176 and try with 3G always on.

My older Blackberry 9780 with 3G always on, used to last me from 8am till 11pm easy ( & Still has about 12-14% left.)

OH & BTW, all of this is with Screen Brightness on 10 and Automatically Dim Backlight set to ON. LED Coverage Indicator Set to OFF.
    08-09-11 06:29 AM
    How strong is the 3G reception in your area? Seems like it may be rather weak.
    08-09-11 06:38 AM
    How strong is the 3G reception in your area? Seems like it may be rather weak.
    good question....
    actually..its pretty good... i always almost get all Bars or at worst case 1 bar less...(between my office and home)
    08-09-11 06:44 AM
    Maybe give this a try and see if your 3G performance improves:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...fonede-636495/
    08-09-11 06:44 AM
    yup...already downloading as we speak.
    08-09-11 06:46 AM
    Great info. Thanks.
    08-09-11 06:49 AM
    good question....
    actually..its pretty good... i always almost get all Bars or at worst case 1 bar less...(between my office and home)
    The bars can be deceptive: a full set of bars may either indicate good coverage or your phone's antenna being boosted in order to compensate for poor coverage. Here's more info on that: http://crackberry.com/crackberry-tip...e-2g-edge-only

I just find it rather odd how there would be such a large discrepancy between EDGE and HSPA. I know EDGE can double your battery life, but going from around a 1% an hour discharge rate to over 10% seems rather peculiar.
    08-09-11 06:51 AM
    yup.. but also know that i was on a different OS when i went to 3G.
    On EDGE (7.0.0.176)
    On 3G (7.0.0.303)
    08-09-11 06:55 AM
    That is true. That is still an alarmingly sharp decrease in battery life though. Hopefully RIM fixed whatever they broke if it was caused by faulty software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 06:58 AM
    yes, cause this is what i noticed..
    .100 - bad battery life.
    .176 - supurb battery life.
    .303 - bad battery life. (Also i think this was an unsigned OS)
    mssca likes this.
    08-09-11 07:01 AM
    You need to go back to ,176 and move on.
    bdad14 likes this.
    08-09-11 07:07 AM
    i'm going to the official version now and then maybe .176..lets see...
    will give both a try...

Logic says : Why go with Old Leaked OS, when you have official OS.
    08-09-11 07:09 AM
    My phone is my business lifeline. It allows me to get out of the office without being out of contact for calls and emails. My customers use email like texts and have grown to expect a answer within minutes if not seconds.

I tend to wait and not install every leaked OS, especially if my phone is working perfectly!
    08-09-11 07:16 AM
    When u load a new os it takes time for the cods to settle down. This use to happen on os6 and I imagin it's same with os7 as well. Wait 2 days before you do a battery test for the os to settle.

08-09-11 07:45 AM
    Subscribed! Keen to see how this pans out. Keep us posted OP.
    ettorwe likes this.
    08-09-11 07:54 AM
    could you tell me where getting .176 leaked?
    really awesome the battery.

i wait forward your feedback about official fw.
    08-09-11 08:00 AM
    I find it odd that, officially, the 9850 has better battery life than the 9930.
    08-09-11 08:16 AM
    it'll be the same one or less due to display
    08-09-11 08:19 AM
    It's probably the NFC.
    08-09-11 08:22 AM
    I'm torn between two ways of looking at this. Part of me finds it very troubling. If Blackberry starts to get Android battery life I'd leave Blackberry for the iPhone. I just can't live with the stress of wondering if my juice will make it through the day.

Also, is it possible that this battery life issue gives credence to those who are saying the release date has been delayed?

The other part of me thinks of Henry Ford. Ford once carried out a massive survey of all the Model T's in junk yards across america. His goal was to find out what was outlasting the rest of the vehicle. he found out that the Kingpins in Model T's were designed to last forever. But the rest of the car would be kaput long before then! So making the kingpins so well was a waste of resources and so he cut back in this area. So too there's no point in having a phone that lasts 3 days without a charge. As long as you comfortably get the day without compromise then it's fine and so if RIM think that the 9900 will comfortably get a day without compromise then by all means reduce the battery from 1500 mah to 1250.

Just as long as it gets the day comfortably without compromise! If it doesn't then this is a disaster.
    08-09-11 08:48 AM
    Poor battery life?

I'd rather have a thin device with an EDOF camera than a device that lasts all day on a charge.

Who cares how long the battery lasts--there are electric outlets everywhere these days. As a matter of fact, I say ditch the battery altogether and make it even thinner. If we get rid of the radio too, they can probably get it down to 5mm.

:-)
    I'm exactly the opposite. I don't need a "sexy" thin phone. I want great battery life in a reliable form factor. Thin is NOT in!

08-09-11 09:37 AM
    This is good information to have and thank you for sharing it wth us here. Say, would you be able to take a couple of pictures with your new phone OF newspaper print or perhaps a document?

There has been a concern that the EDOF camera is unable to take a clear "close up shot" like the older bolds are able to take - I'm talking about the ability of taking a pictures of personal notes or text - the normal thing one used to have to grab a paper and pen to write down.

It would be a big help if you could snap a few shots of the text in a book or something like that.
    08-09-11 09:45 AM
    This is why I am bidding on another Bold 9700 for business and possibly waiting until the QNX phones come out for a new BB.
    08-09-11 11:07 AM
    Thanks, keep us posted! People, please don't bring the EDoF discussion to this thread. We have other threads for that.
    08-09-11 11:29 AM
    Thanks for the review Hypermaster. 9900 being a touch screen, does it has a dial pad when using it as phone?
    08-09-11 11:30 AM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD