Hi All,

Been using my new 9930 from Sprint since Friday. I switched over from an EVO 4G that I had since launch day. While I am loving this phone, I have a few concerns and wonder if anyone else felt the same way.

With RIM working on and trying to get out the QNX devices, can we expect any kind of software updates to OS7 and app support from developers? Part of me feels like RIM may have put out these new devices as a way of putting a band aid on the wound and their real intent is to build on QNX. With all the talk of QNX coming early 2012 (which is only a few months away) why would RIM support the latest OS and developers work to produce an app for an OS which is at its EOL. Maybe I'm nuts, I don't know. Whats everyone else's take?

Also, can we even update our new 9900/9930 etc to the new QNX software?
    Or are these phones going to be fancy paperweights in a few months?

Richie
    09-11-11 12:46 PM
    The current devices won't receive the updates to QNX, tho we still really have NO idea when that will even take place. Everything is speculation at this point.

The device never becomes a paperweight, there are still tons of people using BBOS4.5/5.0 happily. Just because a new OS comes out, doesn't mean the old one doesn't work anymore or just becomes dead.

Developers will continue to support it because they know a large portion of the users will still be on it, not every single BB user will upgrade, many of them locked into contracts and won't be able to afford an outright cost, and some may just simply be uninterested in the upgrade.

Have no fears, your current device won't become a paperweight, it will still be a great device.
    09-11-11 12:51 PM
    Development to production takes awhile. So I don't think this is a bandaid solution. RIM/BlackBerry has always been great about support for older versions of it's OS. I would not be concerned.
    09-11-11 12:52 PM
    Enjoy it as it is, OS 7 can do anything you want from a smart phone t
    Except play Angry Birds... oooooo or Plants VS Zombies... yeah I like that one.... LOL
    09-11-11 12:59 PM
    Why are you so concerned about QNX? They won't allow your BlackBerry to make you breakfast, Enjoy it as it is, OS 7 can do anything you want from a smart phone

Sigh.....people are never pleased...those OS 6 users are crying to have OS 7 and OS 7 just got released.

You just can't please some people can you?

We don't even have a Theme Builder for OS 7 yet
    My post totally went over your head. In short. I am a bit concerned that I may have used my upgrade on a device that will not be supported in a few months. I could otherwise care less about QNX.
    Last edited by fastlife2010; 09-11-11 at 01:31 PM.
    09-11-11 01:29 PM
    I'm gonna use this Bold until the keys come off. Love it.
    09-11-11 02:17 PM
    Love my OS7!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD