Been waiting a long time for the 9900 to hit AT&T, and I plan on getting one this Sunday. I have a few questions for you guys before I take the jump going from my trusty 9000 to 9900, so I really don't know what to expect.

1. Are there any known major issues? Such as Torch's "tin can" sound, or 9780's stuttering keyboard? Unfortunately I had both of those phones with both of those issues, so I have to admit to being a skeptic this time around on build quality.

2. How is the battery life compared to the 9000? Right now I'm running the newest official OS on my 9000, and I can get 2 1/2 days of use out of it- I think that's pretty darn good. Any OS versions out there that are good for battery life in particular?

3. How is the camera? I know it's a HUGE step up from the 9000's. How does it fare at night? I go to a lot of concerts, so that's important to me. I also play in a band and sometimes we like to get good footage of our performances/rehearsals so I was wondering how well does the mic handle loud levels of noise? Could I take it to a band's show and record it with acceptable audio quality? Can you actually adjust the mic level for recording? This is a big factor into my decision, so I'd really appreciate any insight on this question.

4. How's the speaker phone? Nice and loud like the 9000?

Thanks in advance guys, super stoked to finally get one
    11-03-11 05:43 AM
    I'm in the UK so bear that in mind!

I received my new 9900 last weekend to replace my 9000 and I really like it. Compared with my 9000 I love the screen and keyboard, speed and BB7. The web browser is awesome compared to the 9000.

My 9000 battery life was really poor (not your experience) so I find the 9900's battery to be good, though there are lots of threads on that subject saying the battery isn't so good. From my experience I get through a whole day without problem whereas with my 9000 I could not. I'm not a heavy user though.

Overall I am delighted with my 9900 and very happy with the Otterbox Commuter case. I dropped it on my first day and very happy to have a case around it. I used a leather holster with my 9000 and dropped it a couple of times having taken it out of the holster and dented the edge so I realised I needed a full time case.
    11-03-11 06:55 AM
    I think you will find this device to be superior to your 9000 in most every way. The only thing you mentioned that is of concern is the camera. It's good, not great. Specifically on close up type shots...battery life is great on mine, but some complain theirs is not good. I'd venture to say if you liked your 9000 you'll love the 9900.

Been waiting a long time for the 9900 to hit AT&T, and I plan on getting one this Sunday. I have a few questions for you guys before I take the jump going from my trusty 9000 to 9900, so I really don't know what to expect.

1. Are there any known major issues? Such as Torch's "tin can" sound, or 9780's stuttering keyboard? Unfortunately I had both of those phones with both of those issues, so I have to admit to being a skeptic this time around on build quality.

2. How is the battery life compared to the 9000? Right now I'm running the newest official OS on my 9000, and I can get 2 1/2 days of use out of it- I think that's pretty darn good. Any OS versions out there that are good for battery life in particular?

3. How is the camera? I know it's a HUGE step up from the 9000's. How does it fare at night? I go to a lot of concerts, so that's important to me. I also play in a band and sometimes we like to get good footage of our performances/rehearsals so I was wondering how well does the mic handle loud levels of noise? Could I take it to a band's show and record it with acceptable audio quality? Can you actually adjust the mic level for recording? This is a big factor into my decision, so I'd really appreciate any insight on this question.

4. How's the speaker phone? Nice and loud like the 9000?

Thanks in advance guys, super stoked to finally get one
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 07:03 AM
    1) None that I know of or have.
    2) For me, the battery is good. Not as good as the 9700, but good. Display and processor take more juice than the 9000.
    3) Camera is nothing spectacular. No autofocus really sucks. Takes nice "daytime" photos were you are at a distance from what you're shooting.
    4) Speakerphone is nice.
    11-03-11 07:04 AM
    Firstly the battery life can never be compared to the Bold 9000 as the 9900's battery is fair crap but it should last you the day on a 2g connection to message/call/email/bbm etc with charge left over in the evening and night.

The camera on the other hand is superb!!! Takes beautiful photos and you can't go wrong! The overall operating speed of the device is amazing! It really does fly through your every day tasks without a problem and installing apps takes a few seconds once it has been downloaded. And also the speaker phone is brilliant as because it is in your palm if you use your hand to cover the speaker at an angle you can create a surround sound effect I find this feature very handy when competing with whose phone is loud! Other than this you should find the Bold 9900 very interesting.
    11-03-11 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD