I posted a comment earlier on a white Bold 9900 asking for comments got none so I made some enquiries of my own.

I have discovered that the Bold 9900 RDV71UW White or Black unbranded is working fine with no power lose or software issues the build date is 23rd Oct 2011 Made in Hungary seems that earlier builds are the problem any comments?

Also the E in the model number is not for Europe as I bought my phone in the UK!
    11-22-11 12:55 PM
    I thought it was a software issue according to blackberry, but maybe that's not completely true. Which carrier software does the unbranded device run?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 01:18 PM
    The software is 7.0 Bundle 1465 version 7.0.0.296 platform 5.0.0. 496
    11-22-11 03:16 PM
    The software is 7.0 Bundle 1465 version 7.0.0.296 platform 5.0.0. 496
    That's an ancient buggy software... your prized white bold will be bricking momentarily

11-22-11 03:18 PM
    That's an ancient buggy software... your prized white bold will be bricking momentarily

Lol way to crush his dreams
    11-22-11 03:57 PM

OK when it does I will let you all know until then its fine!

Maybe the software is having problems with the earlier Builds that is my point and one which RIM would like to keep under there hat.

Why would a major UK chain agree to there entire UK stock being recalled if it was only a software issue?

Surly they would prefer to sell the phones and tell customers to upgrade the software rather than lose 2 weeks sales of the hottest new Blackberry on the market.

They (phones4U) knew something and that's why they returned all the stock and told customers like my self!

The bold 9900 returned late last week with new stock do you not think they are going to not ask for assurances from Blackberry that this time they are ok to pass on to customers.

I think the phones are now fine and the software is a separate issue which is being dealt with on an ongoing basis Thats why I recommend you look for builds on or after the 23rd Oct. 2011 cos mine is working fine albeit with inferior software.
    11-22-11 04:22 PM
    1) Nobody has recalled any 9900s, they've just sold out.

2) There is no difference in the hardware of newer and older models.

3) Your new 9900 is just as likely to brick as my 3 month old one.

4) Update your software to .540 and reduce that risk.

11-22-11 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD