Spoke with Sprint Tech support about this exact issue on Sunday. according to them its a known issue and its because they are upgrading there towers everywhere. Tech said to expect to have this issue till Oct when the upgrade is complete...

I have noticed the inconsistent signal strength since switching back to the 9650 from Evo....things only got worse when using the 9930 . in the last few months i cant keep 3G...always fluctuating...
    Yet we have seen the same report for TMo and a UK provider. I feel the 99xx is at least part of the problem.
    05-22-12 04:20 AM
    BlazerBoy....i never said i believe them....im very frustrated and thinking of maybe switching phones for a while....i like reliability...only thing keeping me here is the damn amazing keyboard!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    05-22-12 10:07 PM
    According to me you are just getting poor signal strength from T-Mobile network some time it happens when you are not in proper area so may be some time signal strength is little bit weak so you should contact to your service provider and tell them to helping me out or fix this problem.
    It is not impossible that the problem is with the carrier, but I think the chances are slim. Like I said in my opening post, I never had an issue with reception with my 9700. Still, I am going to call T-Mo since that is what @BlackBerryHelp via Twitter suggested I do.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    05-22-12 11:04 PM
    BlazerBoy....i never said i believe them....im very frustrated and thinking of maybe switching phones for a while....i like reliability...only thing keeping me here is the damn amazing keyboard!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I feel your pain. I have kept my 9700. It has a very good keyboard and with OS5 it is very stable. One thing i have found is that if you are in a decent (not just great) signal area the phone is more stable with wifi off (not necessary with the 9700). A pain for me for i have areas in my home sans signal and i have to remember to put wifi on and off
    05-23-12 05:07 AM
    It is not impossible that the problem is with the carrier, but I think the chances are slim. Like I said in my opening post, I never had an issue with reception with my 9700. Still, I am going to call T-Mo since that is what @BlackBerryHelp via Twitter suggested I do.
    Same situation here. I called them. It did no good. Five cents says it's the phone
    05-23-12 05:10 AM
    The problem is 100% not with the carrier, as I have the same problem and I'm not on T-Mobile. My device however is an unlocked T-Mobile 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-23-12 05:19 AM
    Even I never find any problems with this T-Mobile network career so it's not a great deal for you to ditch T-Mobile career for some little signal problems. This network is providing best services than other careers. So you should contact them and wait for them feedback.
    Ahh, two countries separated by a common language.
    05-24-12 03:45 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD