So I am currently using an iPhone4 but have an upgrade available and am strongly considering switching to a BB 9930 Bold. I have been looking at what I use my phone for and 90% of what I do is Email, Text Message or Social Network. I very rarely play games. I did have a few questions however before I make the decision (I should note that I have seen many videos and demos and examples of BB10/QNX and I absolutely do not want anything to do with it).

1. Can I import my Google Contacts and Calendar to my BB?
    2. I assume GMail is supported but just would like a confirmation?
    3. Does Evernote work decently?
    4. Is BB Maps/Traffic at least somewhat comparable to GoogleMaps on iPhone or Android?

Thank you in advance for any replies. If anyone has a story of switching from iPhone to BB I'd love to hear about your experience.

Thank You
    08-24-12 10:18 AM
    08-24-12 10:28 AM
    BB doesn't use typical contacts, instead it uses device specific pin numbers to deliver messages. That means BBM contacts can only be other blackberry users.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-24-12 10:30 AM
    DO not sell your iPhone.
    08-24-12 10:36 AM
    BB doesn't use typical contacts, instead it uses device specific pin numbers to deliver messages. That means BBM contacts can only be other blackberry users.

I never said anything about BBM...I asked if I could import my Google Contacts. I had Android for a long time and my contacts are all stored on Google Contacts. I want to know if I can import those contacts from Google Contacts. I did this through iPhone setting it up like an exchange service.

DO not sell your iPhone.
    I never said I was selling my iPhone...however if you could elaborate on why I should not sell it I would be interested.
    08-24-12 10:40 AM
    Nobody really needs a iphone, after several months everyone always realizes that they just call, email, text, social network. Get rid of it, and buy a 9900.

08-24-12 10:40 AM
    Nobody really needs a iphone, after several months everyone always realizes that they just call, email, text, social network. Get rid of it, and buy a 9900.

I am intending on that, just want to get my couple of questions answered. Especially the one about the ability to import Google Contacts. I really don't want to type in 300+ contacts.

I was a long time Android User before switching to iPhone. However, with Android all your contacts are stored in Google Contacts. I was able to import them to iPhone, however I just want to know if I can get them on BB
    08-24-12 10:48 AM
    So I am currently using an iPhone4 but have an upgrade available and am strongly considering switching to a BB 9930 Bold. I have been looking at what I use my phone for and 90% of what I do is Email, Text Message or Social Network. I very rarely play games. I did have a few questions however before I make the decision (I should note that I have seen many videos and demos and examples of BB10/QNX and I absolutely do not want anything to do with it).

1. Can I import my Google Contacts and Calendar to my BB?
    Yes.
    2. I assume GMail is supported but just would like a confirmation?
    Yes it's supported.
    3. Does Evernote work decently?
    Yes
    4. Is BB Maps/Traffic at least somewhat comparable to GoogleMaps on iPhone or Android?
    No. BB Maps is no way comparale to GoogleMaps. GoogleMaps is better so don't use BB Maps. Just uninstall it to save space.

Thank you in advance for any replies. If anyone has a story of switching from iPhone to BB I'd love to hear about your experience.

Thank You

See my response above.
    08-24-12 10:52 AM
    See my response above.
    Thank you very much. According to Google's mobile directory, Google Maps is available for BB. Is this still true?
    08-24-12 11:01 AM
    Thank you very much. According to Google's mobile directory, Google Maps is available for BB. Is this still true?
    Yes. I've downloaded and used it on my 9900.
    08-24-12 11:07 AM
    Thank you for the responses. I will probably pick up my Bold tomorrow
    08-24-12 11:08 AM
    I find BBTraffic works well. But it is a separate gps type program for spoken directions.

I also have googlemaps and bbmaps on the device and also use those as warranted.
    08-24-12 11:09 AM
    The 9930 is an awesome device. BB Traffic is great with turn by turn directions too.
    08-24-12 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD