I have owned my Sprint 9930 since launch. I visit the forums daily and continuously read threads about the 9900/9930's "Bricking". I'm aware of what the issue is, but I'm confused as to who it is happening to and how to avoid this issue? Will the majority of these devices 'Brick' eventually?

I fear waking up one day, or doing a simple battery pull and screwing up my device. I have insurance through Asurion, however I don't want a refurbished device. Been there, done that, bad deal.

Thanks for any help.
    11-14-11 04:25 PM
    11-14-11 04:30 PM
    Thank you! Don't know how I missed that...
    11-14-11 04:35 PM
    No problem. Lots to read. No known specific cause yet.
    11-14-11 04:43 PM
    I have owned my Sprint 9930 since launch. I visit the forums daily and continuously read threads about the 9900/9930's "Bricking". I'm aware of what the issue is, but I'm confused as to who it is happening to and how to avoid this issue? Will the majority of these devices 'Brick' eventually?

I fear waking up one day, or doing a simple battery pull and screwing up my device. I have insurance through Asurion, however I don't want a refurbished device. Been there, done that, bad deal.

Thanks for any help.

I wouldn't worry about your device bricking. While a legitimate issue, what you are seeing in this forum is an extremely small subset of devices that have bricked.

Shouldn't live your life worrying about tomorrow...
    11-14-11 05:40 PM
    Do backups every time you can, also enable blackberry protect to backup automatically. The backup via blackberry protect is limited and it does not include your blackberry messenger contacts. You can back them by going to options inside bbm and do the backup.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    11-14-11 08:30 PM
    Yeah, my vzw 9930 bricked and it was very inconvenient. But I was given a replacement device and everything is fine and running well now.

I think it is a small portion of people that had devices from a bad batch. I guess I got unlucky. I wouldn't worry TOO much. But yes, definitely make some intermittent backups in case. BB Protect is a great tool.
    11-14-11 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD