i want to buy me a blackberry for the first time. I have now a iphone 4. But i just hate the touchscreen. I always get cramps in my thumbs after using it. and the build form factor of the iphone just is too small for my hands.
    Thats why i prefer a keyboard en the little bb touchpad. I also like having enough battery life on my phone and the better privacy of the scrambled encryption on bbm.
    So i was wondering how the battery life of the bold 9900 is compared to the bold 9780. Because after searching on the web and on this site i know that the bold 9780 has a 1500 mah battery which is good. The bold 9900 is not so good on battery i read.

battery is a high priority for me. I dont like charging my battery twice a day. And dont say , well it depends on your usage. of course, but if you are honest you know that the battery of most devices (even iphone and android) now are really crap unlike the older bb despite the usage.

i would love to buy the 9900 (even though i dislike touchscreen, sometimes its handy) but i think i will regret it because the 9780 is much better in battery. So i would like to ask people who upgraded from the 9780 to the 9900:
    Do u miss the bigger battery from the bold 9780? Is it really that bad compared to the 9780? One last question : will the rumored 9790 (which has also os7 touchscreen) have a 1500 mah battery ? if yes than i will wait for that one.
    Last edited by skynoard; 09-12-11 at 01:52 PM.
    09-12-11 01:46 PM
    The battery length from the 9780 and the 9900 is night and day. You will get about 2 days of use out of the 9780 and less than a day for the 9900. .. This is with using apps, email, bbm, browsing etc throughout the day.
    09-12-11 01:53 PM
    I think that you will be fine with the 9900. it's a great device.. the 9780 is also a nice one but not like the 9900...

It's not bad compared to the 9780 and the battery is fine, it just uses much more stronger hardware.
    09-12-11 01:58 PM
    Dude, the last two phones I had were charged every night (and sometimes more depending on the usage). The battery for each lasted the two years. And don't forget, you can replace your own battery on the BB! LOL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 02:09 PM
    With smart settings (ie, minimum brightness, quick screen dim, etc) I get easily a day and a half on my 9930.

09-12-11 02:14 PM
    I get roughly the same battery life on my 9930 compared to my 9650. Can't compare the 9780 because I didn't have one.

OS revisions can make a big difference though, on any phone.
    09-12-11 02:15 PM
    okay i quess its a minimal difference after reading your replys. On my iphone i also can get 1 day or 1 day and a half. I quess its the same for the 9900. Does anybody know if the rumored 9790 will have a 1500 mah battery? Or is that still unknown?
    09-12-11 02:36 PM
    Nope, its the same 1230 mAh as in the 9900

09-12-11 02:37 PM
    ok thanks i think i will buy the 9780 than, i really need a battery than can hold more than 2 days
    09-12-11 02:47 PM
    Just out of curiosity, why do you need a battery to last more than a single day? Seems like it would be fairly easy just to plug in your phone when you go to bed.

09-12-11 05:15 PM
    Just out of curiosity, why do you need a battery to last more than a single day? Seems like it would be fairly easy just to plug in your phone when you go to bed.

because when i buy a new phone i buy it for a couple of years. I was not planning to ditch the iphone 4, but i get cramps of the touchscreen so i just have to change phones. The next phone will definitely be a blackberry. And charging phone every day will eventually drain out the battery quicker. So i calculated charging the battery per 2 days will be relatively better for the battery on the long term, because i want the phone to last more than 2 years. So after 1 year i have a better battery than if i was charging it every day.
    09-12-11 05:49 PM
    If the life of the battery is what concerns you, keep in mind that you can always buy a new battery. I think that you will be disappointed if you get the 9780 (a phone at the end of its life)
    09-12-11 06:02 PM
    Dude, the last two phones I had were charged every night (and sometimes more depending on the usage). The battery for each lasted the two years. And don't forget, you can replace your own battery on the BB! LOL.

09-12-11 06:09 PM
    yes i was thinking of that too, but i dont know. Maybe i am too picky, but 300 mah more on 9780 makes me think i could get an hour more of for example call time when i am outside. I dont know. Because on the iphone i have experienced many times, i had to stop doing stuff on the phone because i was outside, so i could keep the phone on for when somebody calls. but maybe the 9900 is better than iphones battery. but i think they are the same(even thought iphone has 1420 mah) and it still sucks with everything turned off brightness low etc)

plus i dont need speed in browsing. i dont browse the internet much on a phone. i dont use apps. the only thing i do use alot is the camera which is better on 9900. so that would be the only step backwards for me i think. But then again a better camera is a big plus.
    Last edited by skynoard; 09-12-11 at 06:15 PM.
    09-12-11 06:10 PM
    And don't forget, you can replace your own battery on the BB! LOL.

Ah good point. Coming from an iphone user to him a new battery means a new phone.

You can even buy a back up battery right of the start and switch it out when the first one drains.
    09-12-11 06:12 PM
    With smart settings (ie, minimum brightness, quick screen dim, etc) I get easily a day and a half on my 9930.

Amen! I used mine very hard today, it's almost 6:30pm and I have 60% battery...pulled it from the charger at 6am

09-12-11 06:21 PM
    Ah good point. Coming from an iphone user to him a new battery means a new phone.

You can even buy a back up battery right of the start and switch it out when the first one drains.

yes i am not used to switch battery with iphone. i forgot that completely. i could do that. That would solve the problem. But i dont want to walk with extra stuff. I want to keep my pockets clean.
    09-12-11 06:21 PM
    Amen! I used mine very hard today, it's almost 6:30pm and I have 60% battery...pulled it from the charger at 6am

well thats pretty good. Is your signal bar full?
    09-12-11 06:24 PM
    You do know that Lion batteries lose their capacity extremely slowly and in fact, charging them once a day when they get down to around 20-10% is actually GOOD for the battery?

Charging it once a day won't leave you with a bad battery in 6 months bro or a year or even 2 bro.

09-12-11 06:40 PM
    You do know that Lion batteries lose their capacity extremely slowly and in fact, charging them once a day when they get down to around 20-10% is actually GOOD for the battery?

Charging it once a day won't leave you with a bad battery in 6 months bro or a year or even 2 bro.

hmm okay, thanks for the info. but still , when i am outside the whole day i want to have a good battery so i can call or text all day without charging. or stressing about how low my battery is.
    09-12-11 06:53 PM
    Skynoard - dude. You're starting to bug. Your battery will be fine. Inside. Outside. Calls. Texts. Whatever. You don't want to listen to the advice, then don't.

Sorry, just some people get under my skin.

09-12-11 06:57 PM
    Skynoard - dude. You're starting to bug. Your battery will be fine. Inside. Outside. Calls. Texts. Whatever. You don't want to listen to the advice, then don't. Get the sg2 and play away.

Sorry, just some people get under my skin.

yes i listing but i also listing to other reviews and opinions of other bb user. and as i read there are plenty users complaining about battery life. i just wanted to hear what people would say about their own opinion upgrading from the 9780.
    thats all. i was adking questions, that does not mean i need to take advice from whoever. I create my own opinion. that does not mean i dont want to hear about others.

u sounds like a dictator. where is your space for discussion?
    09-12-11 07:03 PM
    You're giving me a headache, man. Done.

09-12-11 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD