I've been trying to read as many threads on this blackberry "bricked" issue....I noticed that a lot of people say, after charging their phones all night, they wake up and the phone is bricked

Am i missing something? Why would you charge your phone overnight? What's the benefit of that vs charging it until the battery says full??

I don't understand this overcharging the battery
    11-21-11 05:48 PM
    People put their phone on the charge at night and then go to sleep. They unplug it in the morning when they wake up. That's what a lot of people.do and what they mean by charging overnight.

Most people don't wake up during the night to take it off the charger at 100%

You can't overcharged the battery. It is programmed to either stop charging or trickle charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 06:01 PM
    The only thing that I can really guess is that there must be some kind of either hardware or software flaw that is making it so that once the phone is fully charged it doesnt change over or whatever. For example, you know when it is charging and shows the electric bolt, and then switches to the plug symbol when it is fully charged and is just running on the plug instead of the battery. There must be a glitch in that process that causes the phone to short.
    11-21-11 06:08 PM
    ah ok, so its just a preference, it's not like charging it all night makes it last longer
    11-21-11 08:13 PM
    I believe it software not talking together. my 9900 just bricked on me installing beta bbm i fixed it but never had to a battery pull or never had a problem before or since. Just crazy.
    11-21-11 08:29 PM
    ah ok, so its just a preference, it's not like charging it all night makes it last longer
    Correct. Preference.
    11-21-11 08:41 PM
    Correct. Once the battery reaches 100% it will stop charging. And as Ninja posted above and fnord has noted in a couple other threads, there seems to some glitch where the device can't tell there's a battery in it after reaching fully charged. This may be what's causing bricks for some users, nukes for others.
    11-21-11 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD