I am on ATT and I cant wait for this device anymore so I was wondering if this would work. My mother has an upgrade on her line for tmobile and she said I can use it, I was going to get the bold on tmobile and unlock it to use with att. Am I going to run into any problems with using it unlocked? Will I still get 3G or H+ (whatever it uses)? Or any other general problems with using it unlocked?

Is this a good idea or should I just stick it out and wait for at&t?
    09-11-11 07:54 PM
    I am on ATT and I cant wait for this device anymore so I was wondering if this would work. My mother has an upgrade on her line for tmobile and she said I can use it, I was going to get the bold on tmobile and unlock it to use with att. Am I going to run into any problems with using it unlocked? Will I still get 3G or H+ (whatever it uses)? Or any other general problems with using it unlocked?

Is this a good idea or should I just stick it out and wait for at&t?
    You will not able to get 3G or H+, however you could use it on EDGE with ATT.
    09-11-11 08:07 PM
    So there is no way to get 3G or H+? Then I will just have to stick it out, I cant use just edge, way too slow for me.

Well that sucks haha
    09-11-11 08:08 PM
    So there is no way to get 3G or H+? Then I will just have to stick it out, I cant use just edge, way too slow for me.

Well that sucks haha
    Nope, there is no way to get 3g or H+ if you want to run a tmobile blackberry on ATT network.
    09-11-11 08:09 PM
    I figured it wouldnt be a problem because they were both GSM, my mistake.
    09-11-11 08:10 PM
    ...just port your number to T-Mobile, or even Verizon...
    09-11-11 08:25 PM
    ...just port your number to T-Mobile, or even Verizon...
    I don't want to pay the etf of 325 and then the 249/299 for the phone, its not worth it. I think what ill do is wait for att to release it and open a second line with them to get the promotional pricing, that's the only way I can avoid the etf. If my impatience grows then I will end up porting and to be honest I do see that happening, its just a lot of money to shell out for this phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 09:03 PM
    To be honest every phone i have used from tmobile that is 4g and connected it with ATT i got a step down on signal, so from 4g to 3g and from a 3g phone to edge. Idk how it would work with blackberry. All the android phones that were 4g got 3g on att.
    09-11-11 09:21 PM
    To be honest every phone i have used from tmobile that is 4g and connected it with ATT i got a step down on signal, so from 4g to 3g and from a 3g phone to edge. Idk how it would work with blackberry. All the android phones that were 4g got 3g on att.
    I just don't know if its worth the risk to buy it and then unlock it and only get edge, 4G I couldn't care any less about but if I unlock it, I wouldn't be able to return it, or would I?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD