Firstly, i uninstalled Desktop Manager and any other BB OS i have installed on the PC. Then i reinstalled DM and the new Verizon .374 OS onto the PC. I opened up DM, plugged my phone in and then opened BBSAK and proceeded to wipe my OS. (if i didnt open DM, BBSAK would tell me it cant find a device)

Then I loaded the new OS back onto the phone via Apploader. ( i unchecked everything that i wont use)

When the phone is fully back online, my camera pictures were still there ??!

I thought i wiped the phone ???!
    10-21-11 11:06 AM
    Don't know why you felt the need to wipe the phone first, but if the pictures were stored on the SD or built-in storage, I'd expect them to still be there.
    10-21-11 11:24 AM
    You need to specifically check media card when performing a security wipe.

T-Mobile Support Community: Master reset/security wipe - BlackBerry Bold 9900
    10-21-11 11:26 AM
    Thanks for the replies guys.. but i dont have a media installed on it ...

this is so weird...
    10-21-11 11:28 AM
    Don't know why you felt the need to wipe the phone first, but if the pictures were stored on the SD or built-in storage, I'd expect them to still be there.
    I was having bad battery life, and thought as per advice on the forum, whether it be true or not, it has always been "advisable" to do an OS wipe for the peace of mind or what not... same as formatting a PC i guess.

So BBSAK doesnt wipe the built-in storage?
    Last edited by paperplanes7; 10-21-11 at 11:32 AM.
    10-21-11 11:29 AM
    I wouldn't expect a wipe to touch the built-in storage. That would be a bugger if it did.

I know a lot of people will tell you to wipe, but the act of doing an upgrade will wipe the phone in the process regardless. Only purpose in wiping would be if you didn't plan on restoring a backup at all, such as for selling the phone or a serious error issue.

Pour battery life could be the result of so many issues. Signal quality due to the OS, location or hardware problem. An app, especially social/weather apps draining it sometimes due to setting, sometimes the nature of the beast. A bad battery, or not giving an OS enough time to settle in and sync giving a poor report of the current state. And on, and on, and on.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-21-11 11:45 AM
    I wouldn't expect a wipe to touch the built-in storage. That would be a bugger if it did.

I know a lot of people will tell you to wipe, but the act of doing an upgrade will wipe the phone in the process regardless. Only purpose in wiping would be if you didn't plan on restoring a backup at all, such as for selling the phone or a serious error issue.

Pour battery life could be the result of so many issues. Signal quality due to the OS, location or hardware problem. An app, especially social/weather apps draining it sometimes due to setting, sometimes the nature of the beast. A bad battery, or not giving an OS enough time to settle in and sync giving a poor report of the current state. And on, and on, and on.
    I completely understand where you are coming from as far as apps running in the background, and so forth causing the drain.

What if i told you i dont have anything installed? I performed a clean install and havent installed ANYTHING except for Meterberry and I-Lock 2.1 and im still getting a 3.0 - 4.0 discharge rate at idle! Some of you are getting 1.5 - 2.5 discharge at idle which is what i am shooting for.

all i have done really is restored my text, contacts, browser shortcuts and memo via BB Protect.

As far as the wiping OS goes.. i just prefer doing it for the peace of mind. It would only help if anything...
    10-21-11 11:57 AM
    I would say that most likely they have a better signal quality than you do, or their OS has settled in longer. I'm used to 6-8% discharge at idle, due to groups and apps. I'm more concerned with performance than how little my battery trickles. Electricity is available almost everywhere I go, and I always have a fully charged back up battery handy when it's not.
    10-21-11 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD