Hi guys
    Im using BatteryWatch to view my battery stats.
    Sometimes im wondering if this app could drain the battery?
    Can i expect more battery life without this app? any experience here?

Thanks!
    09-13-11 02:04 PM
    I used it for my Torch, but it would drain my battery fast even if I had the app closed so it could run in the background.
    Instead I use Battery Booster Professional. They have several Battery Boosters including a free one and it's helping my battery life. However, once I turned of The feeds on Facebook to Never, I have amazing battery life. Mine yesterday lasted from 8am to 12pm The Next day. Though I can go 2 days without charging.
    09-13-11 05:10 PM
    Exactly the same here with facebook! Refreshing in manually gives me twice as much battery life as before!
    But the power booster apps dont change a lot in my case, are there special ones for thr 9900?
    Thank you so far!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 04:51 AM
    If it "runs" on your phone, it is going to use up battery. Simple, no? Sometimes it is fast, other times just a minute drain, but it of course does use up the battery.

But often people install these things ONLY when they have a problem, monitor their battery for a while to get a feel for life expectancy, then remove them.

It is not something you need to have running all the time, telling you what you by then already know, and draining battery.
    09-14-11 05:01 AM
    I have BatteryWatch installed on my 9930 and from my experience so far is that the app uses minimal battery that is negligible to the use of other apps. Like many have said so far, be sure to have your Twitter and Facebook auto updates set to a longer timeframe or to never and just manually update. Also, make sure to hold the menu key every once in a while and be sure that there are no apps running in the background that you are not using. When I hold my menu key, I see the Home, Phone, Internet, BBM, and Messages icons, but if you forget to close an app, they will continue to run in the background and this allows you to check to see if all apps are closed. I am currently getting approximately a 1.5 to 2 days out of my battery with average use including, Facebook (Refresh set to Hourly), Twitter (Refresh set to 30 min), BBM and Text, General web browsing, Brickbreaker occasionally, Phone calls, and I have Memory Booster Pro and BatteryWatch installed. So, I wouldn't worry too much about the battery drainage from BatteryWatch, but be sure to check all your other app settings and keep any unused apps closed.
    09-14-11 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD