Hey I had a few questions about the 9930 I received. First off I received the phone through asurion because of the multiple issues I've been having with my bold 9650. They said said its brand new but the memory card wasn't there, also the keys are a little clicky but overall I love the phone. I also noticed in the forums about people phones bricking, etc. These are the questions I had.....
    1. Could it be a good thing that my phone came from asurion meaning they may have revised it?
    2. Is the clicky keys normal?
    3. Should I leave the software that came installed in it?

Please anybody leave feedback, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 07:10 PM
    1. Asurion is practically all refurbs.
    2. Keys are supposed to click.
    3. Upgrade to latest OS from Verizon!

The 9930 from Sprint does not come with an SD card btw.
    11-11-11 08:15 PM
    Hey I had a few questions about the 9930 I received. First off I received the phone through asurion because of the multiple issues I've been having with my bold 9650. They said said its brand new but the memory card wasn't there, also the keys are a little clicky but overall I love the phone. I also noticed in the forums about people phones bricking, etc. These are the questions I had.....
    1. Could it be a good thing that my phone came from asurion meaning they may have revised it?
    2. Is the clicky keys normal?
    3. Should I leave the software that came installed in it?

Please anybody leave feedback, thanks.

the clicky keys are how they are when new.. after some use, it'll be a lot smoother, and sort of quiet and yea, as the guy above said, no SD with sprint. btw, Sprint's 9930 comes unlocked
    11-11-11 08:20 PM
    1. Asurion is practically all refurbs.
    2. Keys are supposed to click.
    3. Upgrade to latest OS from Verizon!

The 9930 from Sprint does not come with an SD card btw.
    Ok thanks I didn't know that. The phone did come with the original box but a little clear tape was over the opening of the box, so yeah
    Your probably right

11-11-11 08:27 PM
    the clicky keys are how they are when new.. after some use, it'll be a lot smoother, and sort of quiet and yea, as the guy above said, no SD with sprint. btw, Sprint's 9930 comes unlocked
    Ok yeah thanks for the feedback. And what can you do when its unlocked? Sorry I still have a lot to learn about bb 9930!!

11-11-11 08:30 PM
    Ok yeah thanks for the feedback. And what can you do when its unlocked? Sorry I still have a lot to learn about bb 9930!!

if you do travel abroad, you can take out the original sim card and slip in a local carrier's and use it as normal.
    11-11-11 08:33 PM
    Fire up DM and update to the latest OS which is .374. If you're not going to travel internationally don't waste your money with unlocking it. The 99xx series does not come with a microSD card. If you're just going to be shooting pictures don't waste your money on anything higher than a Class 4. If you shoot a lot of vids might want to get a Class 6.
    11-11-11 09:08 PM
    Use your 9650 card.
    11-11-11 09:40 PM
    Um you know that you can check if its refurbished from the About screen right? I'll attach a pic. See how mine says N for Refurbished. If it has a Y it will have the date that it was refurbished next to it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-12-11 01:06 AM
    Um you know that you can check if its refurbished from the About screen right? I'll attach a pic. See how mine says N for Refurbished. If it has a Y it will have the date that it was refurbished next to it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Ok wow!!!! Thanks. It shows a n next to mine so mines is brand new does that mean I have to worry about bricking issues or the newer models may be better? Also mines was made in mexico too. I'm just kinda anxious cause I really love this phone!!

11-12-11 01:30 AM
    if you do travel abroad, you can take out the original sim card and slip in a local carrier's and use it as normal.
    Ok thanks. That's good to know. I had no idea

11-12-11 01:31 AM
    Fire up DM and update to the latest OS which is .374. If you're not going to travel internationally don't waste your money with unlocking it. The 99xx series does not come with a microSD card. If you're just going to be shooting pictures don't waste your money on anything higher than a Class 4. If you shoot a lot of vids might want to get a Class 6.
    Ok thanks. Yeah I got a 8gb cause I take a lot of pics of my sons lol. But I got a good deal on ebay for it. And yeah I don't travel internationally

11-12-11 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD