I have been using QSMS for a while now and im finding myself missing it tremendously. Now, ive downloaded the program OTA and my phone has the icon just like before.

Only this time, when you click on the icon nothing happens. But in the background it actually opens up a new SMS. I know this because when i go to my Text Message box, theres an empty SMS. (but i of course had like 15 of empty texts cuz i decided to click on the QSMS icon 15 times wondering why its not working

So is there a trick to getting it to work??
    08-22-11 01:32 AM
    Wondering the same thing. Just coming back to BB and QSMS was always one of the first apps I installed. Hope someone can get it working!
    08-23-11 11:11 AM
    Sounds like its simply not compatible with OS7 yet... Give it time, if the developer is active, he will be all over getting it os7 capable

Check out QuickText. I use this on os4.7 and yes that's old but I really love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 12:41 PM
    If by chance you have a utility program like shortcutme or quicklaunch, you can usually set a shortcut key to 'compose' text. I use shortcut me and have the letter 'q' set for compose sms similar to the original qsms app. I know there are other shortcut launchers. The two above both work on os 7- but they are paid apps. Good Luck!
    08-23-11 01:15 PM
    Same here same issue, using "Compose SMS" through QuickLaunch. I am new to BB and thought it may be a set permissions issue maybe not, anxiuos to hear a remedy.
    08-28-11 06:08 PM
    I was not compatible with OS6 and OS7. I emailed berrycoder if we can possibly see an upgrade in the near future and no response.

I will stick with QL for now.
    08-28-11 06:36 PM
    I just recently got into QL. Sometimes the shortcut keys don't work and then I have to do a battery pull....is this "shortkeys not working" bug Normal?

08-28-11 07:41 PM
    Give xSMS a try, http://bota.bbercn.com/2011/02/xsms60/xsms.jad

Haven't tried it on OS 7 yet, but OS 6 works fine

Once it is installed, press "J" to launch (default to "J" key", but changeable under Option>Third Party Applications>xSMS ) .
    Last edited by penpower; 08-28-11 at 08:18 PM.
    flash24 and SeaCow like this.
    08-28-11 08:13 PM
    also a shortcut for SMS launch can be done on BBM app
    08-29-11 12:33 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to set up QL. The only problem is that I like to have my side key set up for vlingo, so I'll have to always jump to the home screen to quickly send a text.
    08-29-11 01:55 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to set up QL. The only problem is that I like to have my side key set up for vlingo, so I'll have to always jump to the home screen to quickly send a text.
    Not really, you would not have to jump to the homescreen everytime. Whatever application you are inside just hit the BB menu button and if you have QL set up in your system menu then you can just highlight QuickLaunch then bam the side menu will show up. Sometimes it would not come up for me, but a battery pull or soft reset usually corrects it.
    08-29-11 02:00 PM
    Not really, you would not have to jump to the homescreen everytime. Whatever application you are inside just hit the BB menu button and if you have QL set up in your system menu then you can just highlight QuickLaunch then bam the side menu will show up.
    There are a couple of apps I use frequently that don't bring up the typical BB menu though. Like Weather app from TWC - pressing the bb menu key brings up the weather app menu. Same with MLB At Bat 2011 - pressing menu brings up the mlb app menu, not the bb menu.
    08-29-11 02:02 PM
    There are a couple of apps I use frequently that don't bring up the typical BB menu though. Like Weather app from TWC - pressing the bb menu key brings up the weather app menu. Same with MLB At Bat 2011 - pressing menu brings up the mlb app menu, not the bb menu.

Yep tapatalk too... Thanks for the quicklaunch idea though!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-29-11 08:01 PM
    For the record penpower's suggestion and link to xsms works perfectly. Just like qsms and working fine on my 9930. Thank you.

09-24-11 01:33 AM
    Give xSMS a try, http://bota.bbercn.com/2011/02/xsms60/xsms.jad

Haven't tried it on OS 7 yet, but OS 6 works fine

Once it is installed, press "J" to launch (default to "J" key", but changeable under Option>Third Party Applications>xSMS ) .

Thank you for this! Works perfectly on my 9930

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-24-11 11:43 AM
    Same here. Downloaded xsms. Changed the key to "q". Eureka!
    09-25-11 02:14 PM
    Yep, thanks for the original link to xsms and the reminder. Works perfectly. Only 6k app size.

09-25-11 03:38 PM
    and had the same dilemma regarding QuickLaunch until I realized I could set my space key to launch QuickLaunch. Just had to make sure I had QL Version 3.9 to use the feature with my Bold 9930 - works like a champ and gives me option forsetting up other convenience key features (although I really only NEED the 2 I am now using).
    09-25-11 03:58 PM
    I have Quicklaunch installed too. Nothing comes close to a 1-button shortcut. Xsms hits the sweet spot. QL needs 2 button presses to launch a sms, fab for times you wish to send a sms when you're not in home screen.

Regardless, I'm getting happier by the day as more & more apps come out to make my life with my BB9900 better!

09-25-11 09:42 PM
    Could someone repost the .jad file for xSMS?

I tried to click the one in the first several posts and, for some reason, it went to a blank browser page and did nothing.

I even tried to purchase the app through mobihand on my 9930 and it returned a 'this app is not compatible with your device' error.

Hmmmm..help, anyone?
    09-25-11 10:45 PM
    I just tried it and it opened fine for me. Are you on BES?

09-25-11 11:02 PM
    I just tried it and it opened fine for me. Are you on BES?

No, shouldn't be at least. Haha.
    09-25-11 11:08 PM
    Give it another shot. There is a slight delay before it comes up. Good luck. Let us know how it works.

09-25-11 11:49 PM
    http://bota.bbercn.com/2011/02/xsms60/xsms.jad

09-26-11 12:24 AM
    http://bota.bbercn.com/2011/02/xsms60/xsms.jad

Thanks, this one worked..

I just don't see what the fuss is about..I find it takes me about the same amount of time to click my sms icon, type a name and click it to start a message. Some people swear by this app, though. Interesting.
    09-29-11 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD