I have a new 9900 with the leaked 7.1 OS and the camera works fine but when using an app to scan a qrcode (such as app world, bbm, or qrcode pro) the image shown on the screen is black and white and extremely grainy and the qrcode will not scan. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew
    02-21-12 11:54 PM
    I don't really do the QR code thing, but as a matter of curisoity I've tried it a couple times. It does seem the camera struggles greatly with this, I can only guess it has something to do with no autofocus? I have had minimal success with Code Muncher, and zero with QRcodescannerpro. Verizon Bold 9930 here. You have to be in a very well lit room, "soft white" household lighting doesn't do it, and it has to be a bright and large QR code, smaller ones forget it. You also have to be dead center of the code and dead still with the hands, if you jitter much or come at any angle, it won't go.
    02-22-12 03:41 AM
    Is your screen also black and white and fuzzy? What OS are you on?
    02-22-12 12:08 PM
    Only time it works for me is if the QR code I'm scanning is at least 2x2in. I've had limited success with using macro mode, zooming in all the way and standing back a little. Just not a good camera for this type of thing.
    02-22-12 03:06 PM
    QR Code works very well for me, you have to hold it steady for 3 seconds not move it back and forth like with the autofocus. I just tried one right now, the bebuzz app qr code, very fast
    02-22-12 03:27 PM
    belfastdispatcher what OS are you running? I'm trying to figure out if it is a software or hardware issue. Also, do you see a color image when you are scanning or black and white?
    02-22-12 05:03 PM
    belfastdispatcher what OS are you running? I'm trying to figure out if it is a software or hardware issue. Also, do you see a color image when you are scanning or black and white?
    I'm running the latest leak but it worked the same on all previous OSs. The image is black and white but you have to understand the 9900 doesn't use the camera to take photos of the QR code and then process it, it uses the videocamera so you have to hold it steady for 3 seconds with the QR code inside the red square that appears on the screen.

Understand the difference and you'll find it easier to scan qr codes.

Of course, it will struggle with tiny tiny qr codes.
    02-23-12 02:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD