I heard that the colt is touch screen only, ditch the keyboard and trackpad. Well I was always thought that what make rim still in existance right now is because of its nice keyboard and that trackpad, just like in my bold 9900, so if they want to ditch it and go with the design like apple or android? wouldn't it be just like a suicide for them
    09-19-11 02:35 PM
    I don't think it'll be suicide. Look at how many people are using the Torch brand with onscreen keyboard. Torch owners love their Torchs.

Also look at HTC, Motorola, Samsung and Apple. With all these manufacturers making touchscreen-only devices, you can't say it'll be suicide for RIM if they jump in the same direction.
    09-19-11 02:45 PM
    Suicide is staying as they are and doing nothing in the space where EVERYONE is buying!
    09-19-11 02:48 PM
    Well - it's all rumors now anyway.

But I don't see why they'd deviate from their current behavior of offering multiple form factors. I would think at minimum we'd get one all touch and one keyboard model; possibly more than that.
    09-19-11 03:19 PM
    As one who has switched to Andriod twice and came back to Blackberry, the main reason for me was having the keyboard. If RIM does away with the keyboard feature and goes all touch screen, there would be no point buying a Blackberry when I could buy an Andriod with more apps and features.. because either way I will still have a touch screen when I do not care for one.

I will take the keyboard over the apps any day. It may not be a complete suicide for RIM, but perhaps a failed attempt.
    09-19-11 03:53 PM
    I'm not a big fan of full touchscreens without a keyboard.

I loove my 9900 though, its fantastic! Which even though qnx is atound the corner I had to get this beast

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 05:10 PM
    I do not believe BB would every ditch the keyboard and go all touch. Adding a QNX touchscreen phone to the current mix of BB phones is a great idea. More selection. Having QNX and a keyboard, now that might be the "superphone" of all phones.
    09-19-11 05:16 PM
    Well, there's been two rumors about the Colt - one was a qwerty and one was a touchscreen. Regardless of which form factor the first one is, it will be the first QNX phone, not the only one.
    09-19-11 05:22 PM
    Yeah, I don't care how many bells and whistles it has, no keyboard means no sale as far as I'm concerned. I'm useless at typing on a small touchscreen.

The Playbook is the smallest touchscreen I can type on, and even there only a paragraphs or two. More than that I need real keys. A dying breed, I know, but there it is.
    09-19-11 05:40 PM
    The suicide would be not using QNX in the next generation of bb's... I mean QNX is REAL FUNCTIONAL but it's not pretty... With more polishing , more features, and some tweaks, this will be a big contender... imagine a QNX browser on a 9860 that would be huge !! Flash and everything!!
    09-19-11 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD