I own a Q10 and am pretty active on the forums as you can probably see by the low post count. but I was browsing around amazon tonight and decided to look up how much a 9900 sold for. Price seems good although I would really have to explain to my significant other why on earth I need another blackberry. anyways, is it weird to want to go back to the 9900 for kicks? I had one the day it was released. I love my Q10 and its definitely the second best device I have ever owned (8330 curve is numero uno). As a matter of fact my profile picture was taken using the 9930 on Verizon, what? 3 years ago?
    Is it weird and unjustifiable to buy one to see if I can readjust to the OS? or to keep as a backup? idk. I just rebought a Q10 last month after being without one for 6 months due to a stock issue with T-Mobile. Should I just jump in or maybe go with something even cheaper like the 9780? just trying to relive the experience here...
    09-04-14 05:11 PM
    If you have subfolders in email you will lost access when you go from BB10 to BB7 That's what ruined BB7 for me. I loved my 9930, but I really needed access to email subfolders and I'm not on a BES. So I went iPhone. Now I'm headed back to a Q10.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-04-14 05:15 PM
    I own a Q10 and am pretty active on the forums as you can probably see by the low post count. but I was browsing around amazon tonight and decided to look up how much a 9900 sold for. Price seems good although I would really have to explain to my significant other why on earth I need another blackberry. anyways, is it weird to want to go back to the 9900 for kicks? I had one the day it was released. I love my Q10 and its definitely the second best device I have ever owned (8330 curve is numero uno). As a matter of fact my profile picture was taken using the 9930 on Verizon, what? 3 years ago?
    Is it weird and unjustifiable to buy one to see if I can readjust to the OS? or to keep as a backup? idk. I just rebought a Q10 last month after being without one for 6 months due to a stock issue with T-Mobile. Should I just jump in or maybe go with something even cheaper like the 9780? just trying to relive the experience here...
    It's not unjustifiable if you're not spending a lot of money and you need a solid communication device. I also would go with 9900 instead of the 9780. Don't get me wrong, the 9780 is a tank. But after using a q10, AND a 9900, I would have issues with that small keyboard
    09-04-14 06:25 PM
    Is it weird and unjustifiable to buy one to see if I can readjust to the OS? or to keep as a backup?
    Not weird. Practical. What if your Q10 flies off the top of your car onto a concrete parking lot and you accidentally back over it? Not sayin' it would ever happen, but...

Besides, the way the keyboard, keypad and toolbelt light up on power up and shutdown is just plain eye candy.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-04-14 07:52 PM
    [QUOTE=iRetired;10800548]Not weird. Practical. What if your Q10 flies off the top of your car onto a concrete parking lot and you accidentally back over it? Not sayin' it would ever happen, but...

People don't think about stuff like that. When disaster happens to my phone, I need a back up that can get me by until the replacement comes
    09-04-14 08:36 PM
    Not weird at all...Blackberry has been etched into your soul! I have a 9930 and it's still one of the best devices I've ever owned!!
    Mr4aces and andy957 like this.
    09-04-14 08:54 PM
    I bought an iPhone when they first came out. I saw and heard about RIM so I bought a 9900 when they came out. I was. Answering over 200 emails/day at the time. The 9900 reduced my email toime by 60-70%. There is nothing like the 9900 and might never be one. Changing parts is easy and parts are cheap.

I'm disappointed the the Q20/Classic is going to be just an upgraded Q10 with a tool belt and not what 9900 want.

Oh well might be another mistake.

Enjoy the 9900.
    Frehley likes this.
    09-05-14 08:12 AM
    It's not weird at all. I have a Q10 and a Bold as well... when I have huge volumes of emails, I still find the Bold the most efficient device to deal with the volume. Bold's trackpad really helps, as well as a consolidated email inbox to sort emails, which bb10 hub does not.
    09-05-14 08:21 AM
    It's not weird at all. I have a Q10 and a Bold as well... when I have huge volumes of emails, I still find the Bold the most efficient device to deal with the volume. Bold's trackpad really helps, as well as a consolidated email inbox to sort emails, which bb10 hub does not.
    Thank I found another 1% text/email user.
    UKAsh likes this.
    09-05-14 08:39 AM
    Been using BlackBerry since the pager days. Have either tested or used 95% of their phones. The ones that I kept the longest were the 8700, 8800, 9000, and now the 9900. I use my email ALL THE TIME. I need more real world usage on the classic before I upgrade. Until then, it's 9900 all the way
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-05-14 10:43 AM
    Thank I found another 1% text/email user.
    Is there only 1% left on legacy devices? I was under the impression that still a large % of blackberry subscribers were legacy device holders. This is one of the main reasons the classic was developed to help meet these peoples needs?
    Last edited by UKAsh; 09-05-14 at 02:05 PM.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-05-14 12:07 PM
    Is there only 1% left on legacy advices? I was under the impression that still a large % of blackberry subscribers were legacy device holders. This is one of the main reasons the classic was developed to help meet these peoples needs?
    Especially overseas. They widely prefer the legacy devices it seems. I wouldn't be surprised if the legacy device users worldwide surpassed those that use BB10

Posted via Q10RR
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-05-14 01:09 PM
    If you want a used T-Mobile 9900, I am selling one in the Marketplace.
    09-05-14 01:16 PM
    Especially overseas. They widely prefer the legacy devices it seems. I wouldn't be surprised if the legacy device users worldwide surpassed those that use BB10

Posted via Q10RR
    As a Business customer, I think it is also about pricing not in relation to the hardware but the servicing. For instance, on a legacy device like the BOLD - users on BIS plans, i.e. non enterprise loose access to DataSmart Technology. Which means while you have a legacy device you can buy service plans that feature global data/roaming at very low cost - this service is provided by BB. While on BB10 there is no such service plan available, as the data/roaming service is now provided by your carrier and not BB. Obviously the carrier is not willing to provide these types of plans as it is more lucrative for them to charge by usage internationally. This is a big issue in places like Europe, as travelling between countries is an hr or two by plane.

A practical example:

* I have a UK plan & had gone to Germany, on my BOLD plan I pay �42/ $68.50 per month which covers device cost, all my data usage/roaming working worldwide - it just doesn't cover free international calls. So during my week stay, I paid just �42 for all my data usage and UK based calls + my international calls.

* A month later I had upgraded my contract to Q10 - my data allowance was capped at 5GB for bblackberry services internationally + free uk based calls. It costs �56 / $91 per month. My usage habits remain constant, my bill came in at �148/$242 for data that month.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-05-14 02:41 PM
    If you liked your 8330 trackball, you should really like 9900's trackpad. I transitioned back from Q10 to 9900 after a year of z and Q. My Q is still activated and rests on the desk right next to the 99. The Q is more useful for some things but i mostly grab the old 99. It just works, feels eager and, IMO, is mostly less stressful to use. Especially toward day's end when fatigue starts impacting my speed and precision on glass. 9900 gets things done without the "coaxing, begging, and hoping" demanded from touch devices, imo. AND it has a physical "end" key...
    iRetired and Mr4aces like this.
    09-05-14 07:00 PM
    If you liked your 8330 trackball, you should really like 9900's trackpad. I transitioned back from Q10 to 9900 after a year of z and Q. My Q is still activated and rests on the desk right next to the 99. The Q is more useful for some things but i mostly grab the old 99. It just works, feels eager and, IMO, is mostly less stressful to use. Especially toward day's end when fatigue starts impacting my speed and precision on glass. 9900 gets things done without the "coaxing, begging, and hoping" demanded from touch devices, imo. AND it has a physical "end" key...
    Whoa whoa whoa....now I'm offended lol. but I'll explain without actually being offended. I've owned the 8330, 8530, 9630, 9650, 9930, Q10, and another Q10. Trackpad isn't new to me lol. I have a 9650 bold right next to me, but it's a verizon device so I can't use it on tmobile. I just can't remember the experience of having the 99xx so I was wondering what it would be like to go back to it. I miss the look and feel of it. I think I even miss bbOS7. I just don't remember the mixture of it altogether. When I was looking to purchase one online, I saw the details and came up across "touch screen". I barely remember using the touchscreen on that thing lol. I want it badly but I'm trying not to be foolish with my money..

That physical end key by the way....ill never get used to having a virtual button. physical is where it's at. ALL DAY

Posted via Q10RR
    09-05-14 09:38 PM
    Feels like hom...but it's not :P
    Q10 to 9900?-img_20140905_224906.jpg
    Q10 to 9900?-img_20140905_190257.jpg

Posted via Q10RR
    09-05-14 09:49 PM
    Whoa whoa whoa....now I'm offended lol. but I'll explain without actually being offended. I've owned the 8330, 8530, 9630, 9650, 9930, Q10, and another Q10. Trackpad isn't new to me lol. I have a 9650 bold right next to me, but it's a verizon device so I can't use it on tmobile. I just can't remember the experience of having the 99xx so I was wondering what it would be like to go back to it. I miss the look and feel of it. I think I even miss bbOS7. I just don't remember the mixture of it altogether. When I was looking to purchase one online, I saw the details and came up across "touch screen". I barely remember using the touchscreen on that thing lol. I want it badly but I'm trying not to be foolish with my money..

That physical end key by the way....ill never get used to having a virtual button. physical is where it's at. ALL DAY

Posted via Q10RR
    No offense intended... The 9650 is one of my favs. 9900's legendary keyboard is better, imo. 9900's touch can be useful but i, personally, usually find it more trouble than the trackpad. Trackpad has full access to all functionality i'm aware of except for setting home screen rows. Once that is easily set, no real need for touch. Unless you just happen to feel like using it.
    09-06-14 12:23 AM
    Is there only 1% left on legacy devices? I was under the impression that still a large % of blackberry subscribers were legacy device holders. This is one of the main reasons the classic was developed to help meet these peoples needs?
    Sorry I did not make that clear.
    Quarter reports show BlackBerry only sells less than 1% of the mobile devices.
    09-06-14 09:38 AM
    Sorry I did not make that clear.
    Quarter reports show BlackBerry only sells less than 1% of the mobile devices.
    That's probably true you can't really by bold from retailers. It's usually ebay, directly from BB or from your third-party telecom service provider.
    09-06-14 10:25 AM
    That's probably true you can't really by bold from retailers. It's usually ebay, directly from BB or from your third-party telecom service provider.
    Sorry did not read your question and go back to my original post.
    By 1% (arbitrary figure out of the sky) I mean there are only a few users that use their phones to the maximum for emails and texting.
    09-06-14 10:36 AM
    Sorry did not read your question and go back to my original post.
    By 1% (arbitrary figure out of the sky) I mean there are only a few users that use their phones to the maximum for emails and texting.
    Opps I get what you mean now!
    09-06-14 10:57 AM
    High-five mate! You're not alone. I too, went from a Q10 back to my older devices such as Curve 9360 and Bold 9700/9780. It's really great to see how much Blackberry have grown over the years. And to go back to the older models simply makes me appreciate them more. Cheers
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-07-14 07:58 PM
    My Q10 is currently being neglected in favor of my Z30 and 9930. That trackpad is downright addicting!

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 09:41 AM
    Not a strange decision at all! The Bold 9900 is still a great phone, although a bit outdated. In my opinion, all the internet related activities such as surfing, emailing, BBM are a more pleasant experience on the Q10. The same may be said about the simplicity of updating contacts and the calender from an email account and about better and broader foreign language (spelling) aids integrated in the BlackBerry 10.

The Bold 9900 on the other hand is interesting because of the tool belt and the track pad, which are strong tools. There is something charismatic about them.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    09-08-14 02:26 PM
28 12