I just purchased telenav from appworld for my 9930 based on another thread in this forum talking about how great it worked. I tried it for the first time today and it did great in terms of navigation, it was a short drive-about 35 minutes. I hit 'exit' in telenav after arriving at my destination, but my battery levele continued to drop off significantly after the navigation (about 10% hour) for the next 3 hours-when I noticed the low battery sign. I've never had an issue with my battery on my 9930 before (had it since it was released). I checked a few times and did not see telenav running in the background, but I did leave the gps enabled (normally, I keep it on 911 only). Can anyone comment if they'd had problems with battery drain after using telenav? I was wondering if the app somehow is running in the background and is 'hidden'? Could leaving gps enabled cause this much of a drain? I'll try it again, but I was wondering if other people who have the 9930 and use this app could comment how usage effects their battery life.
    Thanks!
    10-05-11 02:52 PM
    I just purchased telenav from appworld for my 9930 based on another thread in this forum talking about how great it worked. I tried it for the first time today and it did great in terms of navigation, it was a short drive-about 35 minutes. I hit 'exit' in telenav after arriving at my destination, but my battery levele continued to drop off significantly after the navigation (about 10% hour) for the next 3 hours-when I noticed the low battery sign. I've never had an issue with my battery on my 9930 before (had it since it was released). I checked a few times and did not see telenav running in the background, but I did leave the gps enabled (normally, I keep it on 911 only). Can anyone comment if they'd had problems with battery drain after using telenav? I was wondering if the app somehow is running in the background and is 'hidden'? Could leaving gps enabled cause this much of a drain? I'll try it again, but I was wondering if other people who have the 9930 and use this app could comment how usage effects their battery life.
    Thanks!
    The battery life on my 9930 will never match any other blackberry i have owned. The 9930's battery just sucks IMO. But others have had great battery life.

To answer your question... yes while using the app, i can tell the app is taking a toll (not too too bad tho) on the battery. But i didnt notice it continue to drop like you mentioned. Maybe its because my battery is just bad already to begin with that i didnt notice it. i even left my location ON. But i did notice that when you hit exit on the app, its still "kinda" running in the background because i would check whats running it would be there still. But if you click on it again, it would say the app is exiting or something like that.. ONly then will it completely exit..
    10-05-11 04:44 PM
    The battery life on my 9930 will never match any other blackberry i have owned. The 9930's battery just sucks IMO. But others have had great battery life.

To answer your question... yes while using the app, i can tell the app is taking a toll (not too too bad tho) on the battery. But i didnt notice it continue to drop like you mentioned. Maybe its because my battery is just bad already to begin with that i didnt notice it. i even left my location ON. But i did notice that when you hit exit on the app, its still "kinda" running in the background because i would check whats running it would be there still. But if you click on it again, it would say the app is exiting or something like that.. ONly then will it completely exit..
    I would take your battery back to your carrier because I get great battery life from my 9930 and I am on Verizon. If you read other threads I believe Rogers is replacing batterys on their 9900 due to defects. It would be worth the try to see if another battery holds out any better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 05:16 PM

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the feedback. I have to say, my 9930 battery has been pretty good-not quite as good as my 9650, but pretty close. It seemed to settle in after a week or so of use to about 2.5-3%/hour. I've read that some bolds were shipped with bad batteries, maybe you got one, if so, they should swap it out under the warranty. Anyways, thanks for the feed back, again, I appreciate it.
    10-05-11 05:31 PM
    My 9930 battery life is easily the same or better than my 9650. Enabling gps in the options doesn't do anything unless an app is constantly polling your gps location as well. The setting itself won't really do anything.
    10-05-11 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD