Hey guys I'm new around here, and interested in learning a bit more about bb's other than the normal functions of the phone.

Since getting the 9900 i have downloaded more apps then i ever did on my previous bb because of the 8gb storage, i was wondering is there a way to download apps & store them on the media card instead of the handset? To help keep space free on the phone.

thanx for your help
    03-02-12 11:38 AM
    Not possible, I wish blackberry would change this.
    03-02-12 12:29 PM
    Not that I know of. Think they have to be on the device to be accessed for use. BerryWeather the app has to be on my device but the various iconsets I've downloaded can be stored on my media card.
    03-02-12 12:31 PM
    You don't have 8Gb of app storage internally on the phone. You have about 200Mb if you shrink the OS reasonably.

BB10 should be able to make use of internal storage or an SD card, just as the PlayBook does.
    03-02-12 12:53 PM
    This fragmented storage issues is one of the many reasons why RIM is having huge problems explaning the new customers on device capabilities.

Everyone is confused and I know this because I had friends who return the phone just because they didn't get 700+ MB of app storage. Not that they need it, but as customers they feel like they being misinformed.
    03-02-12 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD