Has anyone solved how to use GnuPGP/PKI encryption with your Blackberry? Is there a web email service someone is actually using and can give feedback on?
    mhmediaonline likes this.
    03-14-13 05:16 PM
    Blackberry has traditionally supported S/MIME encryption for email on its handhelds. Does that not work for you?
    03-15-13 10:30 PM
    Maybe I'm being stupid, but I can't figure out how to import my .p12 certificate bundle to use S/MIME encryption.
    03-23-13 05:55 PM
    If you've on BES you can use smime or even pgp with the right corporate infrastructure however if you are on BIS it's much harder, PGP is pretty much out i think but SMIME is possible.

For SMIME your best option is to run you're own gateway like djigzo but you will need to be pretty clued up to get it working. If anyone knows another solution id be interested too particularly with pgp.
    03-23-13 08:56 PM
    Maybe I'm being stupid, but I can't figure out how to import my .p12 certificate bundle to use S/MIME encryption.
    Take a look here:
    Import a certificate from your computer - How To - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.0.0

The following may have info of use as well - the bottom one is about playbook but there are some similiarities:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-email-769439/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-613763/
    03-24-13 12:38 AM
    Because this is a post in the bold 9930/9900 thread, I 'm going to assume the OP wants a solution for an OS 7 device Those articles are for playbooks and bb10 devices and whilst an interesting read, unfortunately do not really apply to the 'old' BBOS devices unfortunately. Personally I believe the functionality is mostly controlled at the server end, and even if possible, installing the certificates won't really help much, and you are only in the game if you have a BES connection. Happy to be corrected though
    03-24-13 05:39 AM
    This may help - source was this thread:
    KB15973 - Prerequisites to use S/MIME on a BlackBe... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

The article of most use will be this, and the other linked items within.

KB15973-Prerequisites to use S/MIME on a BlackBerry smartphone activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Note BES is considered an prerequisite.
    03-24-13 05:49 AM
    Because this is a post in the bold 9930/9900 thread, I 'm going to assume the OP wants a solution for an OS 7 device Those articles are for playbooks and bb10 devices and whilst an interesting read, unfortunately do not really apply to the 'old' BBOS devices unfortunately.
    My mistake. I've generally been reading only BB10 related stuff but I must have clicked on a general "unanswered" link and failed to notice it was from the other section.
    03-24-13 09:00 AM
    Well you did pop in some interesting threads though and did at least try to help, which from where I stand is nice to see

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-24-13 02:07 PM
    Well you did pop in some interesting threads though and did at least try to help, which from where I stand is nice to see

Thanks, I try to be helpful.
    03-24-13 06:53 PM
    Sideloading APG works, but you can't use it from the mail client: have to copy and paste plain text.
    06-22-13 08:10 PM