I have read the definition of the purpose of this sensor,which is fine.Frequently,when I go to remove the phone from my trouser pocket to answer a call,the minute I touch the phone it stops ringing and puts the call on hold-would the sensor cause this to happen?Any advice welcome.
    01-22-12 03:44 AM
    no the sensor wouldnt be
    if you had it in a holster, or even if you touch the screen or a key on the way up it would happen.
    01-22-12 03:45 PM
    Earlier OS had answering phone call issue with sensor, but As Fubaz stated this should not be an issue.
    01-22-12 06:45 PM
    Earlier OS had answering phone call issue with sensor, but As Fubaz stated this should not be an issue.
    Thanks for your answers.Whenever members mention "earlier o/s",they are usually way ahead of me.As a non-computer owner/user I'm still on 585.In the call answering option,would you set it at "never" for auto-answer,or "out of holster"?
    01-22-12 07:10 PM
    Thanks for your answers.Whenever members mention "earlier o/s",they are usually way ahead of me.As a non-computer owner/user I'm still on 585.In the call answering option,would you set it at "never" for auto-answer,or "out of holster"?
    I'd recommend Auto end calls: Into Holster. Auto answer calls: Never. Hope that helps.
    01-23-12 08:20 PM
    Mine is set to Never for both auto-answer and auto-end as. I frequently walk around my house while using a bluetooth headset. I tend to pace, so I have it in the holster all the time while on a call. I haven't seen any specs that say it has in-pocket detection. The proximity sensor is used solely for locking the screen while next to your face. The wake upon removing from holster is activated by two opposing magnets, one in the phone under the trackpad, and one in the holster. Well, maybe one magnet and one sensor? But you get the point.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-23-12 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD