The OP is funny
    So he thinks people would just come here and lie just like that ?

Face the truth, RIM effed up this time
    Yeah, 'cos no other manufacturer ever put out a single faulty device.
    11-10-11 06:19 PM
    It's your battery Blaze. It isn't bricked nor nuked. Genuine OEM batteries have a chip and are programmed. Seems your battery wasn't programmed correctly or isn't genuine as in could be aftermarket. I had the same problem with a Torch 9800 and couldn't figure it out until I sent an email to a friend's boyfriend who is a Sr. Engineer at RIM who told me what it is. Bought a new programmed battery and it fixed the issue. It's purely the battery as the phones will only accept programmed batteries with the chip. Its some sort of protection device built into newer Blackberries. You can also use a Chinese aftermarket which copies the data from a working battery to a nonworking battery that displays that red battery icon but it's not worth it as has to be redone everytime you pull the battery.

It's the battery that has caused your issues, it isn't the phone.
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Where anyone can be a BlackBerry expert!
    11-10-11 06:20 PM
    Bricked phones cannot be unbricked via software reloads. That's a nuke. Two different things and I keep seeing about 100 threads claiming to have actual bricked units.
    To an average user, let's say someone who is new to Blackberry or know nothing about technology, what's the difference when the phone they just got won't work the way it is advertised? At this rate re-load OS should be the FIRST instruction on user manual. Oh and just because someone is not good with Blackberries doesn't mean they are dumb. My professor with his PhD. engineering degree would NOT be able to reload the OS without wasting so much time on the net looking for how to do it. Who cares nuke vs bricked. At the end of the day, this phone has a bad RAM issue or bad battery issue causing it to fail.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 11-10-11 at 06:50 PM.
    11-10-11 06:26 PM
    When I got my BlackBerry 9900 from AT&T and turned it on for the first time, I too had the battery with the red X on my screen. I googled the error, and found out that you can turn the phone on with the battery out and USB cable plugged in. I did that, and after my red light went a way, I put the battery in. I havent had any issues since (thankfully). It was discouraging to see that my BlackBerry would not power up like all other mobile devices do for their first time. Bricked, nuked, or not, RIM doesnt need this type of publicity (soon after the MEGA outage). Where's the quality control?
    11-10-11 06:49 PM
    That battery icon just means the battery had not been programed which you then did by doing what you did...
    11-10-11 06:59 PM
    That battery icon just means the battery had not been programed which you then did by doing what you did...
    What? I am confused....?
    11-10-11 07:01 PM
    I began having the issue after i downloaded App World 3.0.

It broke my net_rim_bb_somehing_wlan.cod
    or something.

I reloaded it. and something else was broken. (many servere errors in the event log)
    so i reloaded the OS.

Not as bad as full brick,but i feel like some people are thinking app error 102 is a permabrick.
    This is interesting, cause my 9900 was acting slow yesterday so i rebooted it, came up with Error 102. Ran JB Commander on it, the error was caused by the app world 3.0 cod. Deleted it and was able to boot the phone fine, and i reinstalled app world 3.0. I also noticed a crap load of Java errors related to Google Sync. This was my first and only Error 102, if you search Crackberry for Error 102 you'll find a thank you messge i posted on a recent Blog post on how to recover from 102.
    11-10-11 08:01 PM
    All you people refusing to believe that 9900's are literally bricking over night, I felt the same way until it actually happened. I'm so pissed by all your comments, refusing to believe, but I know karma is a b**** so, we'll see.
    11-10-11 08:17 PM
    I began having the issue after i downloaded App World 3.0.

It broke my net_rim_bb_somehing_wlan.cod
    or something.

I reloaded it. and something else was broken. (many servere errors in the event log)
    so i reloaded the OS.

Not as bad as full brick,but i feel like some people are thinking app error 102 is a permabrick.
    Tossing a .COD into an OS7 device is a great example of why lots of people are having issues. OS7 is not OS5 and a lot of the old school tricks don't work on these new phones.

What percentage of the bricked/nuked phones are people moaning about the blank screen and red led indicator? I got mine working by taking the sim and memory card out and letting DM re-install an OS. A non-carrier OS too.

Did anyone on this entire forum read one word I wrote about what I did to fix the friggin blinking red led and use that knowledge to fix a phone? Even when I posted it in more than one thread?

NO

I get a PM today from a guy asking how I got mine working. I replied with a nice long message with step-by-step instructions. You know what this ungrateful POS did? He replies with "That's a nuke not a brick".

Guess what, I POSTED THE SYMPTIONS IN THE TWO THREADS,,!!!

And for my time and effort trying to get some of these low-brow people to try something that worked I get one single donkey who says "That's a nuke and not a brick". Like the guy would know the difference, after all he contacted me through a thread that gave him all the info,,!!??!?!?!???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH

You know what? People who are inteligence challenged cannot be helped and should be ignored.

What a bunch of tools.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-10-11 at 10:34 PM.
    AZ87 likes this.
    11-10-11 10:28 PM
    When I got my BlackBerry 9900 from AT&T and turned it on for the first time, I too had the battery with the red X on my screen. I googled the error, and found out that you can turn the phone on with the battery out and USB cable plugged in. I did that, and after my red light went a way, I put the battery in. I havent had any issues since (thankfully). It was discouraging to see that my BlackBerry would not power up like all other mobile devices do for their first time. Bricked, nuked, or not, RIM doesnt need this type of publicity (soon after the MEGA outage). Where's the quality control?
    Exactly what I'm talking about. One guy swears a battery with a red X = Bricked and another guy figures out how to fix it. Then you have a bunch of people telling us the meaning of bricked and nuked. LMFAO

Maybe if people started posting facts then you guys could narrow some of these problems down, but that will never happen.

Nuked = Smart enough to get it working.

Bricked = Too thick to get it working.

LMAO
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-10-11 at 10:44 PM.
    11-10-11 10:41 PM
    Arrogant aren't we...maybe you should create a business unbricking nuked Blackberry's. And when you figure out how to unbrick a bricked BlackBerry, you can make some real money.
    11-10-11 10:52 PM
    Arrogant aren't we...maybe you should create a business unbricking nuked Blackberry's. And when you figure out how to unbrick a bricked BlackBerry, you can make some real money.
    Tell you what. I will go into buisness un-nuking bricked berry's when you tell me how you added a single shred of useful information to this forum as to the solution to any of the dysfunctional 99XX's.

Another prime example.

Last edited by olblueyez; 11-10-11 at 11:02 PM.
    11-10-11 10:58 PM
    Hey Phil_UK, that deleted post was the finest example of reasonable deduction I have ever seen.
    11-10-11 11:05 PM
    Let's relax a bit. No reason to get upset with people.

I know some are trying to help and get things figured out, but little better tone would be suited for the forums.

Thanks
    11-10-11 11:13 PM
    Actually, since the OP hasn't even really come back to the thread in a while and it's nothing more then flamebait.. shuttin er' down.
    11-10-11 11:17 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD