I am considering buying either a BB Torch 9810 or a Bold 9900, I am new to Blackberry and am looking for some advise and the pros and cons of each phone. I also put a posting on the 9900 website but this on is to compare both phones. I appreciate all input.
    08-13-11 08:43 PM
    Well the first thing you're going to need to tell us in order to properly let us help you is what you primarily want the device for. Explain that a bit and we should be able to help you out a bit better.
    08-13-11 11:14 PM
    They are essentially the same phone under the hood. Choose either larger touchscreen, narrower keyboard, cheaper price, slider form factor and autofocus camera OR choose thin, wide qwerty keyboard, lighter, more expensive, smaller touchscreen, nfc, no autofocus but large depth of field.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 11:32 PM
    I haven't held either new device in my hands yet, but its certain that the 9900 will have the most sublime keyboard ever. The old 9000 was wonderful in that regard, and its great to see this resurrected with competitive specs aboard. I think the 9900 also has a higher resolution display than the 9810 (but a significantly smaller screen). The 9810 has an improved display relative to the 9800, but it essentially has the identical form factor as the 9800.

There are 9800's everywhere, so you ought be able to borrow someone's to see how you like the slider and the way that touchscreen, trackpad and physical keyboard are intergrated, to see if it works as well for you as it does for me. The 9810 keyboard pales somewhat in comparison to the 9900's, as its smaller and more cramped. But its more than adequate and for me the larger 9810 screen makes it a trade-off I will take. The clincher for me is that I frequently use the 9800 as my in-car gps navigator where the larger 9810 screen helps enormously.

But the 9810 form factor is one of those "love it or hate it" deals, so you should try and arrange a workout before you buy. IMHO, though, you can't go wrong with either choice.
    08-14-11 12:12 AM
    I have actually owned both devices in their short life span. I originally purchased the 9900. Loved the typing, and screen resolution, but didn't like the small screen size

I picked up the new 9810 last night (I'm' an original 9800 owner and was very disappointed with the clickiness of the keyboard, slow processor and screen resolution).

Very happy!! I just like the slider form factor. Everything on the phone seems to be bolted together way better than the 9800. The keyboard has been changed slightly as there is better separation between the keys. Very solid build quality. Screen resolution, although not as nice as the 9900, is a nice improvement, as is the processor speed.

Mark
    08-14-11 10:45 AM
    Well the first thing you're going to need to tell us in order to properly let us help you is what you primarily want the device for. Explain that a bit and we should be able to help you out a bit better.
    My main uses for a phone are talking on it, text messaging, email, searching the internet, and on occasion play games.
    08-14-11 03:32 PM
    I have actually owned both devices in their short life span. I originally purchased the 9900. Loved the typing, and screen resolution, but didn't like the small screen size

I picked up the new 9810 last night (I'm' an original 9800 owner and was very disappointed with the clickiness of the keyboard, slow processor and screen resolution).

Very happy!! I just like the slider form factor. Everything on the phone seems to be bolted together way better than the 9800. The keyboard has been changed slightly as there is better separation between the keys. Very solid build quality. Screen resolution, although not as nice as the 9900, is a nice improvement, as is the processor speed.

Mark
    i,m swaying i love my torch and really wanted the 9810
    but no sign of it yet in uk ???
    or do i go for the 9900 which looks the part ? help
    08-21-11 08:01 AM
    My main uses for a phone are talking on it, text messaging, email, searching the internet, and on occasion play games.
    To Clarify

In order of Priority
    Talking
    Text messaging
    Email
    Websearch
    Game play

As a Bold 9900 user and a 9800 user I can say that holding the 9900 up to my ear for long periods of time is more comfortable than holding the 9800 due to weight and how it feels in the hand,
    For texting the 9900 again is much better than the 9800 was
    For email, I miss the larger screen of the 9800 as in reading emails it is length not width of the screen that helps.
    Websearch, though my 9900 is FAR suprior to the 9800 the 9810 most likely corrects those gaps, the increased screen size would be nice, as would the ability to hold the phone in 2 orentations.

For gaming, 9810 all the way, has everything of the 9900 but a bigger screen and can be held portrait or landscape.
    08-21-11 08:56 AM
    I'm going with the 9900 bold

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk
    08-21-11 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD