I have a Verizon 9930 and am having some trouble when trying to assign custom ringtones (specifically songs from my music player) to contacts in my address book.

I will go into contacts, click on edit, then under "custom ringtones/alerts" I click on "phone" and then "all music" to assign a tone. It takes me to my music player, but when I try to select a song/click on it, it just does nothing. I can't click it, can't select the BB key and can't hold down the trackpad to bring up the other "menu" that pops up when you hold the trackpad down on most screens.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there something wrong with my music files? They play fine in the music player btw. I am able to set "other" custom ringtones (that are from the stock tones that comes on the phone) but nothing from my music selection.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated - thanks!
    09-11-11 11:19 PM
    I guess no one else is having this problem?
    09-12-11 02:51 PM
    To add custom ringtones for contacts you do it through the sound profile management screens, so click on your sound profile icon, change sounds and alets, sounds for contacts, then click add contact.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 04:09 PM
    Perfect - that worked!!! I'm not sure why it doesn't work the other way, but oh well. Thanks so much for the advice
    09-12-11 05:06 PM