I got my Bold 9930 in about mid-July and just recently I've been having some keyboard problems. The enter, delete, and space buttons are sometimes unresponsive. Sometimes I'll have to push them twice before they'll go through. Before this I was having the problem of the Bold adding periods in when I didn't want them, even when I turned the key rate down. I've tried restarting it, waiting 30 seconds, everything but I'm not sure what to do or why it's doing this. Occasionally it will be unresponsive when I click with the trackpad as well. But that's more rare and usually only when I just unlock it. The buttons aren't sticking either and the phone has never gotten wet or anything.Any suggestions? Thanks
    09-26-12 10:29 PM
    Since you're well within the 1 year warranty period, I'd call your carrier and tell them about your problem. Tell them you've already done a software reload (you can do the software reload, but whenever I've had keyboard issues, it never solves anything). They should send you a new device, and you just keep your battery and battery cover, and when the new device comes, you send your old device back in that box.

There's no excuse for your phone to be messing up so soon after you've had it, Verizon or Sprint or whoever your 9930 is from should be able to help you. Maybe in-store too, but I'd call beforehand so you don't drive there for nothing.
    09-26-12 11:19 PM
    And if they don't send you a new device, you could replace the keyboard yourself, but it will void the warranty so make sure you take it in and tell them your problem. It seems like a hardware issue. Replacing your keyboard is not too difficult and it's inexpensive. Amazon or Ebay has replacement parts and youtube will show you how to do it. Hope things work out for you!
    09-27-12 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD