This is my first post sorry if this thread was repeated but i looked into the threads and i couldnt find an answer.
    The problem is i have done the software update for my phone lots of times, but this time i downloaded the software from crackberry, its the official software .590 i deleted the vendor file then i start the desktop manger and it tells me my phone is up to date, i tried going to the apploader to download it but it doesnt do anything. i have deleted each software update that i downloaded before to not confusion but still i am having the problem.

Hope you can find a way to assist me thank you.
    and again sorry if this subject was disscused before.
    12-20-11 11:39 PM
    I did that same thing, and it doesn't work. However, 7.1OS update works.
    12-21-11 12:27 AM
    12-21-11 05:12 PM
    I'm also having the same problem recently when iv tried to update to .540 or .590 my dm or app loader don't seem to recognize that I have a new software update downloaded. I've never had this problem before and everything just seems to work out fine but this is frustrating
    12-22-11 05:29 AM
    When I upgrade the OS I never use desktop manager.

1) Uninstall all previous OS versions from your computer

2) Install the new OS onto the computer

3) I use BB BOSS to both shrink the OS and delete the vendor/xml file.

4) Run loader.exe directly. On Windows7 it is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

If you still have problems then I would suggest you do a security wipe first the what I outlined above. IF you don't mind starting clean and having to reinstall all apps and reconfigure everything then I wouldn't restore anything after the security wipe and install of the OS. If you don't want to go through this then before the security wipe connect your phone to the computer and open desktop manager and do a backup. Then after you do the OS update star desktop manager again and restore what you want. I personally like starting fresh and redo everything. I have my contacts, calendar, memos and tasks in Outlook so I do a one way sync after the update is complete.

Hope this helps.
    afjj likes this.
    12-22-11 05:52 AM
    There are 2 Vendor.xml files that need to be removed before you proceed on the updating of software - 1 is from the Apploader file itself, another from C:\Users\<Yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Copy paste this link to the 'Search' and you will be able to locate the 2nd Vendor file).

I always use the DM 5 (as mentioned by some BB guides) for upgrading of softwares, alternatively the Loader itself.
    afjj likes this.
    12-22-11 06:09 AM
    Thank You elite1, EDS817 and Gavenlow.

I have done what you have mentioned and it worked thank you.

Thank You all.
    12-24-11 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD