So i had the .262 default OS when I bought it, then I updated to .440 Vodafone if im not mistaken, When I installed the OS to my computer, I opened the desktop manager and it says that I have new OS and so yadayadayada.Today I just downlaoded the new .474 from wind but after I installed the OS in my computer, opened the desktop manager, the desktop manager doesnt recognize the new OS, can anyone help? thanks
    11-02-11 03:49 PM
    delete vendor.xml from your computer
    11-02-11 03:56 PM
    Delete Vendor XML at these 2 locations.

C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    11-02-11 03:57 PM
    So i had the .262 default OS when I bought it, then I updated to .440 Vodafone if im not mistaken, When I installed the OS to my computer, I opened the desktop manager and it says that I have new OS and so yadayadayada.Today I just downlaoded the new .474 from wind but after I installed the OS in my computer, opened the desktop manager, the desktop manager doesnt recognize the new OS, can anyone help? thanks
    Yep, you have to delete the two vendors flies xml which are stored into the app loader folder and swich off internet connection .

If this doesn't help you go to: c/programs/common fles/research in motion/ app loader and youre done.

I found DM really good to sync and back up but not realible when it comes to load a new OS. Just use app loader.
    11-02-11 03:58 PM
    Thank you guys, Its working, it seems that the person who wrote a tutorial that I googled forgot to mention to delete the vendor xml from the second location
    11-02-11 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD