Im not sure if this is normal with the new Bold 9900, but I have a feeling it isn't because I have owned several other Blackberrys in the past with the optical trackpad. The faceplate on my phone seems to be raised a little to much so that when I scroll using the trackpad my finger gets caught on the cut out for the trackpad. The trackpad also squeaks a little when I use it. This is making me mad because I just paid several hundred dollars for a phone that seems to have a defect, what should I do, take it back and exchange it for another 9900? I love the phone but this specific flaw is bothering me.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by lweiland; 10-08-11 at 01:43 PM.
    10-08-11 01:25 PM
    Anyone?......
    10-08-11 04:55 PM
    my trackpad makes a squeaking sometimes i just took it as normal cause of the plastic
    10-08-11 11:16 PM
    It isn't normal and you should replace it. The call-end panel on some of the devices is too high relative to the screen. It should be flush with the screen. If it is too high then you will feel a sharp-ish edge when you run your finger down from the screen to the panel. If it is getting caught on the hole the pad sits in then it is really way off.

The squeaking has been known to disappear after a certain amount of use though and unlikely to be an issue.

Many of the trackpads are also mis-aligned in the cutout hole.
    10-08-11 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD