Hi guys,
    let me try to explain my issue.
    If put my bold9900 over the bed and try to scroll display with only one finger, the touchscreen doesn't work properly. only if have bold9900 on my hand, the touchscreen work properly.
    Have same issue?
    10-16-11 12:49 PM
    Yes, many have reported the same thing...

Not sure exactly why it does this...but it happens when you put the BB down and are not holding it in your hand. I could speculate as to why and there may be a number of reasons - some having to do with the accelerometer...but I'm not going to.

Since I've moved up to leaked release .440, I am not seeing the issue for the most part.
    10-16-11 01:17 PM
    Since I've moved up to leaked release .440, I am not seeing the issue for the most part.
    can you try to put BB on your bed and use the touchscreen with your finger?
    Actually I use .353 FW version.
    10-16-11 01:46 PM
    Seems to work better lying flat with .440. I noticed same annoyance with .250.

Not sure problem is entirely fixed just yet.
    10-16-11 01:52 PM
    I did and I see it has the same issue as you describe! If I put it on my notebook, on the bed...it works perfectly. My notebook is encased in magnesium.
    10-16-11 01:53 PM
    Its normal, if it line flat its harder to scroll or touch the screen,I don't know in technically but it is related to this type of screen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 03:59 PM
    You have to touch the chrome bezel and screen to get touchscreen working
    10-16-11 09:34 PM
    .. not sure what the problem is because i don't have that problem..
    10-16-11 10:18 PM
    I have the default Telus OS version and I don't see this problem on my Bold 9900.... wired.
    10-16-11 10:22 PM
    No? Try to place your 9900 on the table while not charging, and try to touch the screen if the device responses. If your device does, i assume that my device is considered faulty, and i will bring it for exchange
    10-16-11 10:31 PM
    No? Try to place your 9900 on the table while not charging, and try to touch the screen if the device responses. If your device does, i assume that my device is considered faulty, and i will bring it for exchange
    Just to make sure I am testing this right.... If the phone is on sleep mode (when the backlight turn off), no matter how you touch the screen it is NOT suppose to respond.

Now, I placed my phone on the table while the screen is lit and touch the screen and it got a feedback.

Then, I placed the phone on the table this time at sleep mode and touch the screen, nothing happens. But then I press a keyboard to run back on and swipe and it respond no problem.
    JBoen likes this.
    10-16-11 11:05 PM
    Daaaamn, my phone is gotta be exchanged! lol i thought all the 9900s are the same.

Thanks for the testing
    10-16-11 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD