i cant make my 9900 to work with a new sim a new operator (vodafone) the phone starts everything ok GPRS -->3G then i go to bbm or bb settings and the phone goes to SOS only calls... im with BIS any ideas... the sim works fine at a 9700!
    12-17-11 09:46 AM
    So you can't even make calls?

Have you tried resending the service books via the BIS web interface?

Have you tried registering again the Host Routing Tables (advanced options on your BB)?
    12-17-11 12:46 PM
    Is your 9900 unlocked?
    12-17-11 12:52 PM
    So you can't even make calls?

Have you tried resending the service books via the BIS web interface?

Have you tried registering again the Host Routing Tables (advanced options on your BB)?
    i can make call only at 2G, ill try the things you said and see, thanks
    12-18-11 04:54 AM
    Is your 9900 unlocked?
    Yes unlocked...
    12-18-11 04:55 AM
    Any new ideas? im going crazy here i did what you told me with the Host Routing Tables... and nothing happened it goes from GSM to GPRS then 3G, stays to 3G then SOS only for 2-3 minutes and same again...
    Also something new, the phone reboots when i disable all connections?!?!
    Plz guys any help will be appreciated i dont wont to switch to iphone...
    12-18-11 03:19 PM
    What carrier was the 9900 branded to?

When you go to Options>Device>About Device Versions what do you see listed as the 3G bands?
    12-18-11 03:23 PM
    3g bands 1.2.5.6 my carrier is Vodafone!
    12-18-11 03:49 PM
    3g bands 1.2.5.6 my carrier is Vodafone!
    Have you contacted Vodafone?
    12-18-11 07:45 PM
    This I'm sure is a different issue I'm having but here we go:

I have the Sprint 9930 and I downloaded a semi-preinstalled app called Sprint Radio. It installed just fine and after I opened it, (although it also ran without any issues), it prompted me that it was to be discontinued at the end of December. So I figured why bother and just deleted it. On the reboot afterwards that it prompted, 3/4 of the way rebooted the phone froze. After trying several different ways of rebooting, (like taking out SD card or plugging it in then inserting the battery), I pulled the SIM card out and tried again. It booted right up. Now it runs great and I have OS7.1 on it since this problem. I haven't been out of the country to require the world phone functions and don't plan to for the life of this phone likely so my question is:
    Could this be the phone, or just a bad SIM card, and should I even worry about it?
    12-18-11 08:05 PM
    From my experience - every single time I've seen this happen it's usually an APN issue/or some sort of TCP issue. The phone connects to the network, then when it tries to access the APN/TCP channels it asks for, the cx may not be subscribed to the proper APN/data channel and the phone asks for something else, the network says no and boots the cx either into SOS or voice only. Might be worth double-checking all the settings on each phone/calling your carrier to verify you've got the right provisioning.
    12-18-11 09:05 PM
    Latest update is that if i choose only 2G from the network connections, i get a solid GPRS signal, but if i choose 2G/3G then i get SOS and problems.FYI there is a perfect 3G coverage here checked with various devices.
    Furthermore if i try to turn off all connections the device reboots.
    Please help its driving me crazy and i already lost a weekend trying to solve this.
    (i have tried several O.S .503,.540,.585,h540/585 with no luck)
    12-19-11 01:32 AM
    any ideas????
    12-19-11 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD