So, I have downgraded to see what the battery life is like on this build and it seems to have messed my email accounts up.

I can set them up, see the icons etc but nothing will send or receive. I have re-sent service books etc and I get the messages back saying that the accounts will start receiving mail in 20 mins etc but still, nothing happens.

Any ideas??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 03:11 PM
    Wipe, and reload? I haven't been able to find the installer for the original OS, but I think you can use the desktop manager upgrade feature, and it should reload the original OS. Someone who knows for sure will have to confirm that, though.
    08-23-11 03:25 PM
    Hmmmmm.... Would rather try and avoid wiping and re-installing again

08-23-11 03:46 PM
    Shameless bump....

08-23-11 05:07 PM
    Okay... Well, my e-mail seems to be going straight to me 'Messages' folder as opposed to the individual email account folders.

Once I have read the emails, they then move to the respective folders....

08-23-11 06:17 PM
    So, I have managed to sort the folders out and I now get the notification bar alert when I've got email.

But, I don't get an asterix on the the folder's logo or a BeBuzz notification?... hmmmmmmm

08-23-11 07:29 PM
    So, it's looking like wipe, or wait for the next OS?

08-24-11 02:56 PM
    Sorry to be nousy but why did you downgrade?
    I have issues with my Gmail right now, maybe a higher version would help me resolve those.

08-24-11 03:21 PM
    Because I went straight to .317 when I got my 9900 to resolve the BB ID problem and there were a couple of bugs I found as well as awful battery life. Downgraded to what my phone came with to see if it was any better

08-24-11 03:32 PM
    I had this exact problem today when I downgraded from 296 to 261.

I was not getting emails. What I had to do was delete the email accounts from the Email Setup, then re-add them one at a time again.

I got the activation email immediately and emails started flowing properly then
    08-24-11 04:03 PM
    Yeah, have done this a few times. I have no problem receiving them, it's just how I'm getting notified.

Have also noticed that when I delete an email, I don't get the 'on handheld' and 'on mailbox and handheld' box.... I just get the confirm delete box like you'd get for an SMS

08-24-11 05:41 PM
    Well in my case, with 254 from VZ, GMail 2 way sync is non existant, is like it is running on POP3 rather than IMAP, I already deleted and added my accound several times but to no avail.

Again, and I know I've said this in a lot of posts recently, I think this issue is Verizon's fault, there has to be something on the BIS server for the service to be so wonky. T-Mobile used to work great with my 9780, too bad that phone double typed or else I would have never left T-Mo.

08-24-11 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD