I was one of those people that had faith in bb's "extra hardened scratch resistant glass" or whatever. I had a 9800 for six months and never got a scratch on my naked screen. I loved the high resolution and responsiveness of the 9900s screen and didn't want to mess with it.

Phone was never dropped, never in my pocket with keys, etc. Always in an oem holster.

Screen protectors arrive tomorrow....
    01-03-12 05:42 PM
    01-03-12 05:53 PM
    In the congales use two of them
    01-03-12 06:02 PM
    I posted here before when Bold 99xx first came out in Canada that there were a lot of people returning their phones complaining scratch marks. The common link between all of them was the use of OEM holster. I stop using it right way and posted a thread somewhere here.

Anyway, the good new of this bad news would be that this can be repaired.
    01-03-12 06:11 PM
    I second that... protect the BB!

First itmes I bought along with my 9930 was VZW hoslter, Otterbox defender, and screen protectors.
    01-03-12 06:12 PM
    what protectors do you guys use? When I had my DX I bought them from ebay, 5 for 3$. They were perfect so I ordered some 3$ ones for the bb and they are terrible. Mine look like they have oil on them constantly.
    01-03-12 06:34 PM
    any experience with the seidio spring clip holster? i'm pissed at my oem holster so i'm going to return it

http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-sp...medium=content
    01-03-12 06:53 PM
    I have an Otterbox Commuter and use the screen protector that came with it. Works great and still looks like new after 3+ months.

Regarding your scratched front glass. Can you feel the scratch with your fingernail? If its not deep you can try to polish it out. Its not an easy task and can often be more trouble than its worth.
    01-03-12 07:06 PM
    I have an Otterbox Commuter and use the screen protector that came with it. Works great and still looks like new after 3+ months.

Regarding your scratched front glass. Can you feel the scratch with your fingernail? If its not deep you can try to polish it out. Its not an easy task and can often be more trouble than its worth.
    can't feel the scratch. it's so faint (took me 15 minutes to get a picture of it) that i'm sure a screen protector will cover it up.
    01-03-12 07:18 PM
    I'm pretty sure the Holster for my 9700 contributed heavily to the keyboard wear, both the OEM pouch, and official side entry belt clip holster.

One of the first things i did when I got the 9900 was order the Zagg Invisble shield maximum for it. It's a fiddly bugger to fit, the main screen cover, and battery door/camera area sheets are a good fit. the other bits aren't so great, but it has pieces to cover the curved black plastic around the edge, and the metal sides.

One side effect of the Zagg product is that it is grippy, and so the phone is a very tight fit in the holster and needs 2 hands to get it out, can't decide if I like that or not.

I also got one for my iPod Touch 4th Gen, and it makes the screen on that much less prone to fingerprints, didnt really use the 9900 without the protector long enough to work out if the screen attracts fingerprints
    01-03-12 07:39 PM
    i work in construction - first thing on my BB is the Otterbox Defender!
    Worked good on my curve...... till i drove over it :/ Phone looked good after 2yrs.
    01-10-12 09:12 PM
    That kinda sucks
    01-10-12 10:16 PM
    any experience with the seidio spring clip holster? i'm pissed at my oem holster so i'm going to return it

http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-sp...medium=content
    The original holster scratched the battery cover of my 9930 in less than a week. I bought a "bottle green" soft shell at the BlackBerry Store ar Atlanta airport, and use the premium leather holster from a Bold 9000 which fits perfectly. I installed a screen protector before I left the VZW store after buying the phone.
    01-10-12 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD