Curious question..... As it's a part touchscreen device will it be possible to have an after Market privacy screen stuck on???
    08-05-11 10:39 AM
    What do you mean aftermarket? Like something other than one provided from the carrier? I have a Torch and I have a privacy screen on it. Works just fine. Makes your screen less sharp looking and a tad bit blurry and the indicator light is harder to see. I guess it all depends on how important privacy is to you.
    08-05-11 11:15 AM
    What do you mean aftermarket? Like something other than one provided from the carrier? I have a Torch and I have a privacy screen on it. Works just fine. Makes your screen less sharp looking and a tad bit blurry and the indicator light is harder to see. I guess it all depends on how important privacy is to you.
    Yep, exactly why I don't understand the need for them. But I guess I don't work in an environment where a colleague/customer/supplier/stranger is in a position to snoop over my shoulder at what I'm doing on my phone.

But it would be quite easy for me to angle the phone that makes it obvious to any snoop that they need to mind their own business. Not so easy when the viewing angle and bluriness is forced on me AND any onlookers by a device whose sole purpose is to undo the good work of engineers trying to make your screen easier to view!

Hmm... on second thoughts, perhaps if I was cheating on my wife or viewing websites I was ashamed of...

Aha! I think I now understand the purpose of these things
    08-05-11 02:03 PM
    Train, bus, plane ... airports, terminals, cafes, etc.. believe you me, there are a LOT of snoops around - you'd be surprised!

.... and then there's always that one a-whole who just can't resist peeking at your phone and what you're typing/doing in order to strike up a "conversation" in any of the aforementioned places.
    True. True.

And sometimes my usual reaction of looking up from my phone, looking them flush in the face and asking "Can I help you???" doesn't work either.

They take that as an invitation to strike up a conversation, as you said! lol.
    08-05-11 02:19 PM
    Yes it's strange....most people of course mean no harm when they're snooping on another with their phone out and txting or whatever and I've seen it many times.

It's one of those human things where they just can't keep their eyes off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-11 02:24 PM
    Train, bus, plane ... airports, terminals, cafes, etc.. believe you me, there are a LOT of snoops around - you'd be surprised!

.... and then there's always that one a-whole who just can't resist peeking at your phone and what you're typing/doing in order to strike up a "conversation" in any of the aforementioned places.
    very true.............. BB are always eye-catchers. It is a luxury for me when i am alone and curse when i am at office!
    08-06-11 06:06 AM
    I usually turn the font size right down but it gets annoying. I'll look into buying a decent privacy screen.
    11-17-12 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD