Any ideas on when Verizon might drop the price on the 9930 again? I know no one probably knows for sure but maybe someone knows how Verizon typically goes about price drops? Maybe specific times of the year or something? I want the 9930 but i don't want to spend over $200 on a phone. I know that people have justified the price in other threads, I just don't have that much money at this time.
    01-10-12 03:16 PM
    I'm waiting for a price drop too. Usually the price goes down in 6 months to a year or when another BlackBerry is released. I'm waiting til it's $99.
    Spencerdl and fonefanatic#IM like this.
    01-10-12 03:18 PM
    I don't understand why it went from $229 to $199 and then back up to $229.
    I believe its a conspiracy at Verizon so you won't buy the phone...They priced it
    higher than their beloved apple. I really don't know why I despise everything about apple, including the genius bar,,,Give me a break..
    deezy87 likes this.
    01-10-12 04:08 PM
    You could keep checking Amazon and Wirefly. They do promotions a lot that drop the price big time. I got my 9930 for 1 cent through Amazon.
    01-10-12 05:30 PM
    i paid 273 with tax and an upgrade. havent regretted it one bit since
    01-10-12 10:00 PM
    I just got an upgrade thru amazon wireless for $99. My provider is verizon and I purchased the 9930. Just be mindful that there is a penalty if you remove the phone from the line you purchased it for within the first 181 days. Always read the fine print.
    01-10-12 11:16 PM
    I picked up my 9930 in a Verizon store for $120. I went into the store about a week before Thanksgiving just to play with the phone again. Much to my surprise, they had the wrong sign on the 9930. Turns out they put the sign for the BlackBerry Bold 9650 on the 9930 instead. I pointed out the error and asked if they would honor the advertised price.

Sure enough, after talking to the manager, they had to honor it. The price was $150 minus the $30 2-year upgrade discount. I couldn't believe my luck! Walked out of the store with my new Bold for $120! Wow! Unbelieveable how unaware those Verizon store employees were! I don't know how they make any $$$ running the place like that.
    Last edited by StumptownBold; 01-10-12 at 11:39 PM.
    01-10-12 11:35 PM
    I don't understand why it went from $229 to $199 and then back up to $229.
    I believe its a conspiracy at Verizon so you won't buy the phone...They priced it
    higher than their beloved apple. I really don't know why I despise everything about apple, including the genius bar,,,Give me a break..
    Interesting conspiracy theory! I went into an official verizon store yesterday. No 9930 on display. I waited for a sale rep. He asked why and noted other phones were more powerful and generally better. I said I was comfortable with bb. He said he would look for one. His interest was amazingly UNinterested. Brought it out - no battery - no offer to display it. More offers of iphone, 4g's and I wanted a keyboard. Well, then only really two models both better than the bb. I thanked him and walked out duly UNimpressed with the service.

I guess one of the bb's is on a special sale (it was all touchscreen).

I also noted the price change.

I guess I may wait it out a bit longer. Nothing really wrong with my 9650. Just maybe an itch to scratch.
    01-11-12 12:01 AM
    Just be mindful that there is a penalty if you remove the phone from the line you purchased it for within the first 181 days. Always read the fine print.
    Interesting! I was just thinking about that. Do you know if there is a similar penalty if you buy through Verizon's website? Because there is an upgrade for the primary line on my account (not transferable because it is the primary line) and I was wondering what would stop someone from upgrading online to just get the phone and then activate it on another account.
    01-11-12 07:35 PM
    I got mine with my early upgrade for $199 at Verizon. Ditto the experience though. I almost walked out of the store because the guy helping me was bashing Blackberry and was trying to get me over to an Android with a keyboard. He was clearly not pleased seeing me get my new Bold, telling me that Blackberry was going out of business and other things such as how I'll definitely be back to return it, the call quality is horrible, it will drop calls, it shuts itself off, etc. Not a great way to sell your phones. How about listing the pros and cons of each device? I get that he was on an Android commission, but seriously. I got a free case and screen protector out of it, but for the first time, I was NOT happy with Verizon and their sales reps. Overall, I love this Bold! Had a 9650 that was 'ol reliable, but compared to the 9930, well, there is no comparison! Looking forward to downloading 7.1!
    01-11-12 07:54 PM
    Interesting! I was just thinking about that. Do you know if there is a similar penalty if you buy through Verizon's website? Because there is an upgrade for the primary line on my account (not transferable because it is the primary line) and I was wondering what would stop someone from upgrading online to just get the phone and then activate it on another account.
    I have taken my husbands upgrade (primary holder) numerous times thru verizon and there is no penalty. I order it and when I receive it I call verizon and tell them what phone # I want it on before activating it. No problems, no penalty. The penalty you pay to amazon and radioshack is the discount they are giving you off verizons price plus some. Hope this helps.
    01-11-12 08:14 PM
    Just don't forget the line you took the phone from starts a new two year contract and has to wait for a phone.
    01-11-12 08:21 PM
    I got mine from RadioShack for free..I had an upgrade due but didn't want to spend $169.99 on it...they have it right now for $79.99 with a 2 yr contract or upgrade....great service and got it in one day.

EDIT: oops, its 79.99 for new contracts and 99.99 for upgrades. Well keep an eye out - they are supposed to reduce in price as per the last RIM earnings call.
    Last edited by kazmi; 01-11-12 at 08:44 PM.
    01-11-12 08:41 PM
    I'm waiting for a price drop too. Usually the price goes down in 6 months to a year or when another BlackBerry is released. I'm waiting til it's $99.
    Mee Too, I hope it drops around April or May, that would be perfect for my carrier upgrade date
    01-11-12 09:07 PM
    I got mine from RadioShack for free..I had an upgrade due but didn't want to spend $169.99 on it...they have it right now for $79.99 with a 2 yr contract or upgrade....great service and got it in one day.

EDIT: oops, its 79.99 for new contracts and 99.99 for upgrades. Well keep an eye out - they are supposed to reduce in price as per the last RIM earnings call.
    I wasn't aware that Radio Shack carried the 9930, I haven't seen it in the Georgia area. I will check Radio Shack online
    01-11-12 09:11 PM
    I wasn't aware that Radio Shack carried the 9930, I haven't seen it in the Georgia area. I will check Radio Shack online
    Yes, its on Radio Shack web site for $249 with contract and $549 without......I will wait
    01-11-12 09:16 PM
    ^ same here...it was a web-only deal...my b&m store didn't have it but the online order process was very simple and speedy shipping.
    01-11-12 09:24 PM
    Yes, its on Radio Shack web site for $249 with contract and $549 without......I will wait
    hmmmm...I just double checked...I think it's based on location? My zip is showing me the 79.99/99.99 price..
    01-11-12 09:26 PM
    Amazon wireless beta has them for $99 for an upgrade with sprint and $149 for a new contract. Service is very prompt. I got a verizon upgrade to 9930 for $99 within two days.
    01-11-12 09:35 PM
    I ordered mine from Radio Shack online last night $99.99 out the door no tax and free next day shipping. I couldn't justify spending $229 when I paid less than that for my Playbook. I stopped in local VZ corporate store and they confirmed they couldn't match the price and that RS carries New BB Vzw phones - not refurbed. I cannot wait for tomorrow delivery.
    01-11-12 09:48 PM
    hmmmm...I just double checked...I think it's based on location? My zip is showing me the 79.99/99.99 price..
    I put my old Jersey zip code in and the price was still $249. I guess its meant for me to wait
    01-11-12 09:59 PM
    Just remember with both radioshack and amazon you pay a penalty if you don't keep the phone on that phone number for a certain # of days. I believe it is 181 days. Its a couple hundred dollars. FYI
    01-11-12 10:00 PM
    Radio Shack had it for about $10 for the shipping fee about two weeks ago but I could not reach them (fast busy for days on end). The online offer only had, I think, two calling plans and I have an older-grandfathered cheaper calling plan, less minute plan. I did not want to take a chance on losing that plan.

I do wonder if this reticence to sell BB phones is due to the fact that Verizon must have to split some percentage of that $30/month bb-data plan with Rim. Whereas, on those other phones, the data money would be all Verizons????

Does Costco (or the kiosk at costco) also have the penalty? Again, the guy there could not tell me if I could keep my grandfathered phone calling plan.
    01-11-12 10:01 PM
    Any ideas on when Verizon might drop the price on the 9930 again? I know no one probably knows for sure but maybe someone knows how Verizon typically goes about price drops? Maybe specific times of the year or something? I want the 9930 but i don't want to spend over $200 on a phone. I know that people have justified the price in other threads, I just don't have that much money at this time.

Have you tried just adding a line to your Verizon account? That way, you won't have to pay for it up front, they will just add it to your next bill. At least that is what they did for me.
    01-11-12 10:01 PM
    I got mine from the verizon website a week ago. Paid 205 with overnight shipping. The phone was at my door by 10am. Anything under 200 is worth it. The lower the better obviously
    01-12-12 12:03 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD