the problems might come from the firmware itself, since the OP used the 9900 firmware.
    I started with VZW preloaded OS for the 9930
    08-17-11 03:24 PM
    My email is working properly, everything is good on the bis website for vzw, but it is my Blackberry ID on the phone that is giving me the problem. I deleted app world from my phone and tried going to options->Device->BlackBerry ID and I get the same 40670 error.

Is a wipe/os reload the only way to fix this?
    Here is what someone else has suggested. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6580830

(See fabianr's post, "Hi, I had the same problem with AppWorld when I changed devices from my old 9780.

The problem was tha the 3 cods of BBID came from the 9780 instead of keeping the ones
    From OS7. The quick solution was to use BBSAK and put the OS 7 cods again...

Cheers
    FabianR"

I have yet to try it because I am still trying to figure out how exactly to do it and hwo you find out what the needed OS7 cods are.
    08-17-11 04:01 PM
    Hi guys,

First post here at CB, been a lurker for quite a while. Long story short: just upgraded to a 9330 from a Storm 1 and I absolutely love the phone. Only problem: I'm having this dreaded Blackberry ID App World Issue. I've already loaded .340 however I'm experiencing the same issue (used my old Blackberry ID after loading .340- I'm thinking creating a new one could resolve the issue). Whenever I click on download or upgrade in app world It shows me the 'accept terms of app world' dialog which I gladly accept unfortunately NOTHING happens- just brings me back to the screen where I can click 'download' from within app world. How do I reload .340, fresh install (the loader will no longer work since that's the OS that's currently loaded onto the phone so it won't upgrade)? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: tried downloading the apps through the app world webiste, this is what happends when I click on any download link of any app:

The page you have requested has been moved or no longer exists. (EC )

seriously, wtf....
    Last edited by 6spd_legend; 08-17-11 at 10:58 PM.
    08-17-11 10:47 PM
    So after getting my Bold 9900 on August 9th and doing a device switch I have been unable to access App world, to be more precise the "my world" portion of app world would cause the app world app to hang. In addition the email setup would say the server was unavailable and Blackberry Protect would not function or hang. Wiping the device does not fix the issue so don't waste your time like I did. Some have stated that the device needs a fresh reload of the OS but I have found a safer faster solution that works without all the fuss!

Connect your Bold 9900/9930 to your computer and open Blackberry Desktop Manager. When connected click on the applications button and wait until the applications load from the device. Scroll down the list until you find "blackberry identity" and click the X to the right of it and then click the apply button in the bottom left corner of Blackberry desktop manager. You may be asked if you are sure you want to delete the application and remove it from the device...yes you do!

Sit back and wait while it backs up the device and deletes the application and the reloads portions of the OS that relate to Blackberry ID (Identity) The process took about 40 min for me.

When the device reboots it will ask you to enter your blackberry id, then email address and passwords...enter them and confirm your email addresses and passwords...all apps and contacts and message data will all be there in your Bold and email will function...app world will function and so will blackberry protect!!!

Hope this helps....a week of frustration but finally a solution that fixes it without losing your switched data and applications.
    skynny70 likes this.
    08-17-11 10:58 PM
    Connect your Bold 9900/9930 to your computer and open Blackberry Desktop Manager. When connected click on the applications button and wait until the applications load from the device. Scroll down the list until you find "blackberry identity" and click the X to the right of it and then click the apply button in the bottom left corner of Blackberry desktop manager. You may be asked if you are sure you want to delete the application and remove it from the device...yes you do!

Sit back and wait while it backs up the device and deletes the application and the reloads portions of the OS that relate to Blackberry ID (Identity) The process took about 40 min for me.
    This sounds great unfortunately 'blackberry identity' is no where to be found on my applications list from within Blackberry Desktop Manager.......
    08-17-11 11:11 PM
    Hi guys,

First post here at CB, been a lurker for quite a while. Long story short: just upgraded to a 9330 from a Storm 1 and I absolutely love the phone. Only problem: I'm having this dreaded Blackberry ID App World Issue. I've already loaded .340 however I'm experiencing the same issue (used my old Blackberry ID after loading .340- I'm thinking creating a new one could resolve the issue). Whenever I click on download or upgrade in app world It shows me the 'accept terms of app world' dialog which I gladly accept unfortunately NOTHING happens- just brings me back to the screen where I can click 'download' from within app world. How do I reload .340, fresh install (the loader will no longer work since that's the OS that's currently loaded onto the phone so it won't upgrade)? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: tried downloading the apps through the app world webiste, this is what happends when I click on any download link of any app:

The page you have requested has been moved or no longer exists. (EC )

seriously, wtf....
    Theres a link in the 1st page thatll tell you how to correctly load the os its very easy,
    uninstall the current os on your computer, should be in control panel uninstall program (blackberry 7 software (usually anywhere from 160-300mb in size),
    download the new OS,
    install it on your computer,
    go to c:, then program files (x86)if available), then common files, then research in motion, then get in the apploader folder, after you install the new os delete the vendor.xml file the back up vendor file as well.
    Connect your berry to your pc,
    After this double click the apploader.exe and b00m b00m b00m it will walk you thru installation on your phone takes about 20 minutes with these new bb7 devices.
    08-18-11 08:00 AM
    This sounds great unfortunately 'blackberry identity' is no where to be found on my applications list from within Blackberry Desktop Manager.......
    Check this link and look at the very last paragraph. I think it may address your issue.

KB28038-BlackBerry App World hangs after clicking My World or BIS Email Setup will not connect after switching to a BlackBerry 7 smartphone
    08-18-11 09:00 AM
    SO: to sum up, and someone correct me if I am wrong, the way to avoid these problems is to deselect Third Party Applications when doing a device switch in DTS and just have Device Data selected. Then you can just reinstall all of your apps via My World in App World (and reinstall your other non-App World apps however you can, BBSAK, d/l'ing again, etc.)

If it's too late and you've already done a full device switch, you follow these instructions courtesy of the BB Knowledge Base article:

1. Open BlackBerry Desktop Software
    2. Connect the affected BlackBerry to the computer
    3. Click on Applications from the left side
    4. Next to the listing for BlackBerry Identity with version 2.0.0.15, click the 'X' under the Action column to select to remove this
    5. Click Apply at the bottom right
    Note: This will start a reload on some of the BlackBerry core files, which is expected.

If BlackBerry Identity does not show up in the Applications list, applications can be updated/installed from BlackBerry App World using a USB connection from here or by visiting appworld.blackberry.com/webstore.

And if all of THAT doesn't work, you load up a leaked OS (presumably deselecting back up third party apps in DTS/App Loader, no?).
    Last edited by JasW; 08-18-11 at 10:16 AM.
    skynny70 likes this.
    08-18-11 10:05 AM
    I have tried everything and still cannot get it to work.

I cannot download a leaked OS as my device has already come pre-loaded with .296.... What can I do?!!
    08-18-11 11:57 AM
    I have tried everything and still cannot get it to work.

I cannot download a leaked OS as my device has already come pre-loaded with .296.... What can I do?!!
    Sure you can: the latest leaked OS is .317. Download it, install it on your PC, and load it up.

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-636970/

08-18-11 12:34 PM
    Sure you can: the latest leaked OS is .317. Download it, install it on your PC, and load it up.

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-636970/

Sweet... So I load this up, but don't back up my apps, and download them all again from app world?
    08-18-11 12:38 PM
    Sweet... So I load this up, but don't back up my apps, and download them all again from app world?
    Yep, that should do it.
    08-18-11 01:45 PM
    Works perfectly now
    08-18-11 04:20 PM
    Hi people. I had this problem since Tuesday when I picked up my 9900. I did the device switch including all previous apps not knowing most weren't compatible with OS7 and it screwed up my bb id, my email setup and app world. I however found a solution. Follow the below steps:

- backup your data excluding 3rd party apps.
    - do a clean wipe of ur 9900 by going to options, security, security wipe.
    - once phone comes back alive connect to desktop manager and click on applications on the left pane.
    - at the bottom click on "update" button.

This will take a while as your phone will be restored back to factory settings (just like out of the box).

- ensure your sim card is in and sign into bb id when u get the prompt to (in my case it was as soon as I went into app world and tried to access my world).
    - next add all your mails via email setup in the setup menu.
    -then do a restore of ur backup (excluding applications!!!)
    - go to app world and get ur apps back (you'll be surprised how many of em ain't OS7 compliant; app world tells u this ).

Let me know if this works
    08-18-11 05:26 PM
    SO: to sum up, and someone correct me if I am wrong, the way to avoid these problems is to deselect Third Party Applications when doing a device switch in DTS and just have Device Data selected. Then you can just reinstall all of your apps via My World in App World (and reinstall your other non-App World apps however you can, BBSAK, d/l'ing again, etc.)

If it's too late and you've already done a full device switch, you follow these instructions courtesy of the BB Knowledge Base article:

4. Next to the listing for BlackBerry Identity with version 2.0.0.15, click the 'X' under the Action column to select to remove this
    Note: This will start a reload on some of the BlackBerry core files, which is expected.

If BlackBerry Identity does not show up in the Applications list, applications can be updated/installed from BlackBerry App World using a USB connection from here or by visiting appworld.blackberry.com/webstore.

And if all of THAT doesn't work, you load up a leaked OS (presumably deselecting back up third party apps in DTS/App Loader, no?).
    I did the above and it was successful in resolving my Blackberry Identity/App World issue. You will have to login/re-register all your non-App World 3rd party apps though.
    Last edited by skynny70; 08-19-11 at 07:44 AM.
    08-18-11 08:02 PM
    Bought my 9900 yesterday, and BB ID nightmare. I spent the whole day messing with the phone, and i mustve done something right, coz the phone is ok now. Cant even remember what i did right.
    08-19-11 07:52 AM
    My appworld worked for a few hours. Then all of a sudden when it asked me to login to BB ID, it starts to fail saying its unable to login.

Any ideas? I've done the password recovery and tried changing the password, but it still wont login.

It logs in fine through the PC browser.
    08-19-11 08:09 AM
    Hello everyone to fix this do the following

Using the app loader option on your pc and with your device connected via usb
    Once your there and apploader shows you all the devices guts scroll down till you see DOD CERTIFICATES and click to install that. Your device will load it and reboot. And then you can smile. I was having the same issue and fixed it in 15 minutes. If you need detailed how to just post it and i will put it up later today.
    Doing this will fix the following
    Blackberry ID issue
    Appworld will stop saying please wait
    email app will let you in

Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by NEL-REY; 08-19-11 at 12:28 PM.
    lopplo likes this.
    08-19-11 08:56 AM
    Oh BTW, if anyone of you has ever changed sim card on the same device, ie. overseas using a local simcard, that will mess up your BB id.
    08-19-11 09:19 AM
    Still having problems..

Does anyone know how to fix this? It's so annoying that I can't use AppWorld.
    08-19-11 07:09 PM
    My appworld worked for a few hours. Then all of a sudden when it asked me to login to BB ID, it starts to fail saying its unable to login.

Any ideas? I've done the password recovery and tried changing the password, but it still wont login.

It logs in fine through the PC browser.
    I'm having the same problem here. It worked for 2 days and since yesterday its been giving me the same error.

Don't know what to do...
    08-20-11 12:54 AM
    Still having problems..

Does anyone know how to fix this? It's so annoying that I can't use AppWorld.
    Heres what i did, After device change using BDM v.5.01, I went to my carrier cust service office, they set me up a new BB ID, and delete my old one. They had to go into RIM (server or whatever it is), and delete it.

This problem was due to users changing SIM card of different carrier on the same device. For some reason it mess up the BB ID.
    08-20-11 06:35 AM
    I'm having the same problem here. It worked for 2 days and since yesterday its been giving me the same error.

Don't know what to do...
    Any chance you are using Du?

Heres what i did, After device change using BDM v.5.01, I went to my carrier cust service office, they set me up a new BB ID, and delete my old one. They had to go into RIM (server or whatever it is), and delete it.

This problem was due to users changing SIM card of different carrier on the same device. For some reason it mess up the BB ID.
    Don't know if they would help me out since the phone is exclusive to one carrier here, and I've unlocked it and using a different SIM card on it.
    08-20-11 11:48 AM
    Great, so I'm not the only one with issues. Unfortunately, I did the device swap and didn't have the service book issue, but I did have issues with missing apps like app world. So I had to go to the browser and download it. Hopefully, I don't have any other issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 12:46 AM

im having the same login problems but when i plug it in there is no blackberry identity on the list.
    08-21-11 11:40 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD