When you do your device swap, don't xfer over applications, just do memos etc. You can do the contacts with backup assistant. Otherwise you'll be in the pickle I was in earlier.

After my device swap, I no longer had blackberry ID in setup or device options, no where to be found. Every time I clicked on myworld, appworld would hang forever.

After several wipes, having service books resent etc, nothing works. Something somewhere really screwed things up.
    The bottom line is you can no longer get the official vzw os on your device (until it becomes available) and need to download an OS (leaked or official).

I downloaded and installed a leaked OS, Instructions here ( http://forums.crackberry.com/general...er-exe-574814/ )

So obviously we don't have the latest official from VZW but this definitely works very nicely. I spent a good few hours trying to get my new berry up and running so I hope this can save some time for the few that encounter the same problem myself and others have had already. As soon as the install was done the blackberry ID screen popped up, I was able to set everything up and download the wikitude browser as well.

If you are not comfortable with putting a leaked OS on your BB, if you haven't noticed, VZW has released their official OS. So if you run into problems, it'll save you a lot of time and frustration to just download the OS of your choice, official or leaked, and load it up. Heres the latest official from VZW:

Official:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...reless-641870/

Other OS leaks:
    Leaked OS 7.0.0.340 for the BlackBerry Bold 9930 | CrackBerry.com -NFC support for VZW
    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-639178/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...fonede-636495/
    Last edited by ericlc2; 08-24-11 at 09:11 AM.
    08-16-11 04:48 PM
    Damn! Damn! Damn! Unfortunately I learned this the hard way. My email still goes to my old device over WiFi but I cannot get email or App World to work on my 9930 after trying to use the "switch device" on DM. Thanks RIM!
    08-16-11 08:00 PM
    Yep. I didnt port them over as most of them wont work anyway.
    Ahmed G. likes this.
    08-16-11 09:06 PM
    @skynny, if you have everything working except the email part, if you call support they can resend you the service books, that should do the trick

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 09:30 PM
    Hmmm ... shoud have read this thread first. Ran into the same problem.
    08-16-11 09:38 PM
    @skynny, if you have everything working except the email part, if you call support they can resend you the service books, that should do the trick

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have the App World issue as well. Will resending the service books at least fix the email setup issue? I can deal with not having App World access for a bit.
    08-16-11 09:40 PM
    Yeah service books should do the email, then after they do the service books and you restart the bb, the email icon is going to be hidden (very odd) so make sure you do do show all if your email folder doesn't appear after that.

Unfortunately nothing blackberry Id related will work, and d/l a new os seems to be the only fix aside from straight out returning the bb. I will say for the record, compared from past experience the wipe, and new os install went very very fast.
    skynny70 likes this.
    08-16-11 09:56 PM
    Resending service books brought the email icon back (hidden) but email is not functioning ... downloading lastest OS now ... oh RIM!!

Edit: Worked like a charm. Re-install your OS as per above instructions (I used a leaked version of 7.0.0.317).

To avoid this problem transfer only device data with the DM device transfer wizard --> do not transfer 3rd party applications!! Set up your new device with your BBID and email, and re-install your apps manually from App World.
    Last edited by Alberta Blue; 08-16-11 at 10:38 PM.
    skynny70 likes this.
    08-16-11 10:09 PM
    did these problems occur when you transferred your current apps to the bold? I used device switch for data only and have not had any issues.
    08-16-11 10:13 PM
    did these problems occur when you transferred your current apps to the bold? I used device switch for data only and have not had any issues.
    Yes, the problem was using the device switch wizard to transfer the apps.
    08-16-11 10:39 PM
    can I get Backup assistant from one phone to my bold? It wasnt working and the vzw rep had me delete it thinking I could reinstall it lol she didn't know that there was no way to reinstall it? I ended up using google gmail but I like backing them up to VZW backup assistant, they are sending out another phone just in case it works on there for Thursday but this phone is set up working fine just need that app
    08-16-11 11:17 PM
    I think backup assistant would come with service books, at least, the pre install of it. If they have sent you the service books, after a restart. Try "show all" for the icons could be hidden.
    08-17-11 07:28 AM
    Yeah service books should do the email, then after they do the service books and you restart the bb, the email icon is going to be hidden (very odd) so make sure you do do show all if your email folder doesn't appear after that.

Unfortunately nothing blackberry Id related will work, and d/l a new os seems to be the only fix aside from straight out returning the bb. I will say for the record, compared from past experience the wipe, and new os install went very very fast.
    FYI for others having the email issue as well. I did not have to resend the service books to resolve the issue of email not working on my new device (they were still showing up on my old device when connected to WiFi). I went to the Verizon BIS website on my pc to resend them and when I logged in it prompted me to validate my email addresses to have them moved to my new device. I did this and everything is working properly now with email.
    08-17-11 08:23 AM
    So I am assuming the only fix for the App World/BlackBerry ID issue is still to re-install the OS? I have never gone through the process of install an OS and would love to avoid it if at all possible.
    08-17-11 08:27 AM
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

go to this site and transfer you email accounts to new device. Works for me.
    mralxak likes this.
    08-17-11 09:29 AM
    FYI for others having the email issue as well. I did not have to resend the service books to resolve the issue of email not working on my new device (they were still showing up on my old device when connected to WiFi). I went to the Verizon BIS website on my pc to resend them and when I logged in it prompted me to validate my email addresses to have them moved to my new device. I did this and everything is working properly now with email.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    is the site you want to go to
    08-17-11 09:31 AM
    My email is working properly, everything is good on the bis website for vzw, but it is my Blackberry ID on the phone that is giving me the problem. I deleted app world from my phone and tried going to options->Device->BlackBerry ID and I get the same 40670 error.

Is a wipe/os reload the only way to fix this?
    08-17-11 09:42 AM
    I think backup assistant would come with service books, at least, the pre install of it. If they have sent you the service books, after a restart. Try "show all" for the icons could be hidden.

hi
    yeah we tried that but nothing, I am using gmail now to sync but hopefully the one that comes tomorrow will sync using BA better. If not I will just let the VZW store sync my phone and I will wait for a software update or a newer version of BA
    08-17-11 09:56 AM
    My email is working properly, everything is good on the bis website for vzw, but it is my Blackberry ID on the phone that is giving me the problem. I deleted app world from my phone and tried going to options->Device->BlackBerry ID and I get the same 40670 error.

Is a wipe/os reload the only way to fix this?

I didnt use any old app world id, with this phone I just created a new id on app world and registered then when I used my phone that new id is what i used, i figured since most apps may not work and alot i use were free . But you may have to connect your phone onto app world thru you computer to get app world to download new apps or update any

also just do a wipe I don't think you need to do a OS reload
    08-17-11 09:59 AM
    Try this:
    Download and Install Backup Assistant - BlackBerry� Bold� 9930 Smartphone

there is a link there on how to install it if it is not on the device.
    08-17-11 10:00 AM
    I didnt use any old app world id, with this phone I just created a new id on app world and registered then when I used my phone that new id is what i used, i figured since most apps may not work and alot i use were free . But you may have to connect your phone onto app world thru you computer to get app world to download new apps or update any

also just do a wipe I don't think you need to do a OS reload
    The funny thing is that it was working fine. I installed BerryWeather and the newest version of BBM 6 through app world on the phone. Then it just stopped working. I can log into appworld on my PC and sync it up and download it that way, so I have a work around for appworld. But what bothers me most is that even on the device i can't connect to my Blackberry ID anymore.

edit: the device is linked to the BlackBerry ID as it (with correct PIN) are listed in appworld on the PC when I log in.

Thanks.
    Last edited by etlahrs; 08-17-11 at 10:07 AM.
    08-17-11 10:03 AM
    Update: A security wipe fixed it for me.
    08-17-11 11:03 AM
    thanks for that link on BA
    I think that would do it for me but on OS7 it doesn't have the same choices, maybe that will change, when I go to start.vzw.com the choices a few on my bold but tour it has everything so that may change later because a few tech reps were going to make a ticket on that
    well either way I finally got it thru google gmail and I will see what happens this Weekend when they ship the second phone maybe that one will have better luck
    08-17-11 11:57 AM
    the problems might come from the firmware itself, since the OP used the 9900 firmware.
    08-17-11 02:18 PM
    Directly from @blackberyhelp:

KB28038-BlackBerry App World hangs after clicking My World or BIS Email Setup will not connect after switching to a BlackBerry 7 smartphone

They are aware of the issue...mod, this link should be moved to the top of this thread...
    08-17-11 02:21 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD