I downloaded 7.1 with DM on my verizon and my apps reloaded
    automatically at the end. Now poynt won't dial out after it finds the
    buisness. I tried delete and reload didn't help. Any Ideas? thanks
    01-18-12 04:40 PM
    probably a compatibility issue
    contact poynt to see if an update is coming.
    01-18-12 05:20 PM
    Does anyone have poynt on big red with 7.1 thats
    working correctly. Dialing out after you find the listing??
    01-18-12 07:03 PM
    Does anyone have poynt on big red with 7.1 thats
    working correctly. Dialing out after you find the listing??
    Mine works. I didn't want to call a restaurant/business for no reason, so I hung up immediately, but I went to restaurants clicked on one, and hit call on the pop-up menu and it went straight to my phone screen and began calling.

I'm on VZW with the new official 7.1
    01-18-12 07:13 PM
    I can dial out on TELUS with OS 7.1.0.190. Poynt is a little buggy now though, but I'm still using the version I had on my 9780.
    01-18-12 11:07 PM
    How can I completly delete the program. When I delete and reinstall
    the program icon is in the same place. Its not completely wiped from the phone.
    Last edited by Betmen; 01-19-12 at 12:08 AM.
    01-18-12 11:36 PM
    How can I completly delete the program. When I delete and reinstall
    the program icon is in the same place. Its not completely from the phone.
    You need to do a reboot before the reinstall.

Also, not sure, but the phone may remember that it was there (like even after an OS update where everything is wiped and re-added, all of my icons go back to the same place).
    01-18-12 11:57 PM
    You need to do a reboot before the reinstall.

Also, not sure, but the phone may remember that it was there (like even after an OS update where everything is wiped and re-added, all of my icons go back to the same place).
    I did a soft and a hard reboot didn't help.
    Can I completely remove an app from DM?
    01-19-12 12:12 AM
    I tried everything ..I even downgraded to the first OS and poynt worked
    perfectly.then I came back to 7.1 and it just wont dial out...Bummer
    Poynt my favorie App. I haven't heard back from tech support. If
    I get a fix I'll post it. Thanks
    01-19-12 09:11 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:20:48 +0000
    To: Poynt Support<mobilesupport@mypoynt.com>
    ReplyTo: betmen@aol.com
    Subject: Re: Feedback

It finds the location but when you push the telephone # it reverts to the listing. When u push the BB key it shows the phone # but again reverts to listing. I downgraded to 7.0 and poynt worked perfect so I reinstalled 7.1 Same problem. No new apps. Poster on crackberry with Verizon 9930 With 7.1 are not having this issue.
    Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

From: BB Support <bbsupport@multipliedmedia.emailcenterpro.com>
    Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:09:10 -0700 (MST)
    To: <betmen@aol.com>
    Subject: Re: Feedback

Hello there,

Thank you for your follow-up. We just wanted to circle back and try one basic thing that we overlooked in our initial e-mail response to you. It looks like your application permission settings are blocking access to the app. We should be able to get you up and running.

Please ensure that your permissions settings allow Poynt to communicate with your device. To check this, from your main screen, select Options -> Device -> Application Management, type "Poynt" and select Edit Permissions, then ensure the permissions are all set to Allow rather than Custom or Deny. If any settings are set to Deny (for instance, Location Data or Cross Application Communication), these can block Poynt from fully functioning.

We've not heard any other reports from users running OS 7.1 with the issue you cite, so we're a little puzzled by this one. Please note that many issues with various apps on BlackBerry can often be resolved by a total delete and reinstallation of the app to your phone.

Please try the above and then let us know if you continue to experience any difficulty. Of course, we'll be happy to assist you further.

Enjoy your day,

The Poynt Support Team

e: support@mypoynt.com
    w: Home | Poynt

Follow Poynt on Twitter!

Share your Get There moments on Facebook!

Use Poynt to Get There in the U.S., Canada, Australia, the U.K., Italy, France, Spain, Germany and India.

Visit your app store regularly, to be sure you're running the latest version of Poynt.

Poynt is an award-winning app available for your Blackberry, iPhone, Android, Windows Phone 7 and Nokia Mobile Device!
    Original Message
    ----------------
    01-19-12 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD