Anyone else have trouble opening power point email attachments? Just wondering why my storm2 would open the exact same pp's that my 9930 will not? Is there a setting I'm missing or something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 06:36 AM
    Anybody have a clue??
    10-14-11 01:03 PM
    Hate to be a PITA about this but I just can't get this figured out. Does anyone have any suggestions on why my bold 9930 does not open power point attachments no matter the size? Is it the os? I'm running the original .254. I've pulled the battery numerous times. Is it something with this build?

10-23-11 11:29 AM
    I haven't tried opening any PP docs yet. And am running .254 also. But are you downloading and saving the attachment first, or trying to open them within the email? I would download and save first. Let us all know how things pan out.

10-23-11 01:52 PM
    No albee, I haven't tried that. Just curious as to why you think it may work that way? I never had issues on any other berry I ever had no matter what the os.

10-23-11 06:13 PM
    I have .241 and downloaded half-dozen ppt recently from internet jump page without any issues. I have had compatiblity issues with doc files email attachments and suspect Office 10 versions with docx filetype as potential culptrit. Have you tested the difference between ppt and pptx filetypes?

10-23-11 06:15 PM
    I have .241 and downloaded half-dozen ppt recently from internet jump page without any issues. I have had compatiblity issues with doc files email attachments and suspect Office 10 versions with docx filetype as potential culptrit. Have you tested the difference between ppt and pptx filetypes?

No. Can you elaberate on what you mean? Not quite sure I follow you. Thanks!

10-23-11 06:59 PM
    No. Can you elaberate on what you mean? Not quite sure I follow you. Thanks!

Open XML Formats and file name extensions - Office Starter - Office.com
    10-23-11 08:41 PM
    Ok...but excuse my ignorance. How does this apply to a mobile device? I guess I need a more simplistic explanation.

10-24-11 06:38 AM
    According to what I've seen, Documents to Go supports .docx, .xlsx, and .pptx files.

Documents To Go for BlackBerry Smartphones: System Requirements

Do you have a manual for Documents to Go? If not, you can find it here.
    CMHberry likes this.
    10-24-11 11:20 AM
    Thanks for the link to FAQ - glad to see all Office versions are supported. Doc file won't view on 9930 but will edit with doc2go. My 8330 would view doc files but whatever works...

10-24-11 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD