Obviously similar threads have been made before. But Im thinking of swithing from my iPhone 4. This is gonna be kind of two questions in one.

1. Has anyone else left an iPhone 4 to 9930 for whatever reason, and how has the switch gone???

2. I'm leaving for business purposes, but it's still going to be my only phone. I left my 9700 because I was no longer needing a business first phone. This has obviously changed. Knowing that it's gonna be great for page long emails and constant txting is not my concern, I know it's gonna do this well. So I guess my question becomes how does it do multimedia, and browsing? Since leaving blackbery for the iPhone I have become a huge internert browser via my phone. I also use news apps a lot. Not so much for the games.

I read the reviews and I think I'm gonna make the jump depending on how discounts and prices work out, but I wanna know from actual users.
    10-09-11 10:37 PM
    get it with the ultimate accessory - bb playbook
    10-09-11 10:52 PM
    Hah thanks. I appreciate your honesty.

That's really my biggest concern is the web browsing. All things considered I should probably purchase a new laptop and use that too browse, but I'm spoiled now.
    10-09-11 11:00 PM
    get it with the ultimate accessory - bb playbook
    i dont get it. how can the pb enhance user experience? the 9900 can already handle tasks that the pb can, unless the experience comes from its larger screen.

what do you all do with a tablet, besides browsing and gaming? i am trying to justify spending the money.

its just like getting the ipad when i have the iphone. these are duplicates, only with bigger screen. no?
    Last edited by LiteBulb; 10-09-11 at 11:05 PM.
    10-09-11 11:02 PM
    I recall when the playbook first came out it had a problem with the email app? Can someone elaborate and tell me if it's been fixed?

The playbook has crossed my mind since contemplating the switch hah.
    10-09-11 11:03 PM
    Think about the Torch 98xx option if you want to combine browsing with business communication. You add a bigger beautiful screen and trade away the key keyboard for a virtual one. With your experience, you shoudl be able to make the call on which is more important to you.
    10-09-11 11:05 PM
    I came from an iPhone4. I was also a prior BB user to the iPhone 4 haha.

The multimedia like audio/video playback is good enough to replace an added mp3 player. Also the image viewing is pretty good due to the much improved screen. Going from the iP4 screen to the 99xx screen took very little adjustment on the dpi front. The real estate is smaller but I don't find it to much a problem for everyday use. Even watching youtube is fine for me.

Web browsing is not quite as fluid as the iP4 however it is plenty good enough to browse for extended periods of time. It is no comparison to the older BB browsers. Even OS6 doesn't really feel as good as the new webkit.

If you're looking for a phone that is good at everything and meets messaging needs, I'd say the 99xx series is a winner. It doesn't have the app support like iOS or Android but where it lacks in apps, it makes up in the messaging department or ease of use (subjective).

Coming from an iPhone, I have never regretting coming back to blackberry ever since I purchased my 9930. I'm glad to have my keyboard back and the blend of touch screen and tactile keyboard is quite amazing. Very good combo!

Hope that if you get a 9900, you enjoy it just as much as many of us other users are!
    10-09-11 11:10 PM
    I've played with the torch and although it seems like a good phone if I'm gonna go back to the berry I'm gonna switch to the bold.

If I go to sprint I'll probably save a boat load of money so that's another reason. Plus their service can't be much worse then AT&T hah.
    10-09-11 11:30 PM
    i dont get it. how can the pb enhance user experience? the 9900 can already handle tasks that the pb can, unless the experience comes from its larger screen.

what do you all do with a tablet, besides browsing and gaming? i am trying to justify spending the money.

its just like getting the ipad when i have the iphone. these are duplicates, only with bigger screen. no?
    I think the poster referring to the Playbook did so in response to his own observation that the screen was smaller on a 9930 compared with an iPhone. But you ask an interesting question about how the PB enhances the 9930 experience. I only have a 9000 but I can give you my personal observation which I think will apply to the 9930.

At home, I tend to sit in front of the TV in the evening with my PB so while Mrs P is watching something (dull) like "Made in Chelsea" (I live in the UK) I can surf tech websites or watch Youtube. My 9000 is usually in the other room on charge. Occasionally I get the red top left corner on the PB screen which tells me I have a message, which I can read right away. Yes, I know I could have the 9000 in the room with the TV, but I don't as I am in relax mode, and somehow the red corner on the PB is less intrusive than the red LED. Go figure!

It's also better for browsing the web when I am out and about in the car (like waiting to collect one of my kids from an activity). The big screen is much better for browsing than the 9000 and the browser is much better too.

I have an iPad which I like, but it's the BB angle that makes me really like my PB. With prices now falling so much I think the PB is a steal, and OS2 should seal the deal.

I think PB without a BB is a hard sell, but PB to a BB owner is almost a no brainer (except for the whole games thing where ipad is much better at the moment.)
    LiteBulb likes this.
    10-10-11 05:31 AM
    I just sold my iPhone 4 for a new Bold 9900. I found 99% of the apps that I used on my iPhone were also on the BlackBerry (twitter, facebook, foursquare), and the physical keyboard of the Bold is incredible... So that's why I switched. I use it for work - which means email, and IMO, the Bold is a winner.

iPhone 4 is awesome. The camera is way better, but for me it came down to the keyboard and what apps you use on a daily basis.
    10-10-11 08:30 AM
    Made the jump hah.

I had off today and decided I'd seen enough. Ill definitely miss my iphone. It was an awesome phone regardless of what all the fanboys say.

So far I'm loving it. This key board is sick. All I wanna do is type...

Additionally OS 7 is new to me. How do I set up seperate email folders so they don't all gather in my messages and also how do I get that nifty weather thing on the homescreen I seen from the "post up your screens" thread.

Feels good to be back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 06:44 PM
    Made the jump hah.

I had off today and decided I'd seen enough. Ill definitely miss my iphone. It was an awesome phone regardless of what all the fanboys say.

So far I'm loving it. This key board is sick. All I wanna do is type...

Additionally OS 7 is new to me. How do I set up seperate email folders so they don't all gather in my messages and also how do I get that nifty weather thing on the homescreen I seen from the "post up your screens" thread.

Feels good to be back!

Just keep it as an "iPod Touch"
    10-10-11 06:51 PM
    Haha that's kind of the plan actually.

Still a good music player, and for better or worse itunes is still my main music player, at least for now.

10-10-11 08:34 PM
    I recall when the playbook first came out it had a problem with the email app? Can someone elaborate and tell me if it's been fixed?

The playbook has crossed my mind since contemplating the switch hah.
    As ignites said, the PlayBook is a great companion to the new Bold. The you get the ultimate messaging with the phone plus better browsing than any phone in terms of screen size, fidelity in rendering web pages, etc. Free use of your phone's data plan for the tablet to access the web. Looks like you are using AT&T so that complicates it slightly. But you can read up on that.

As for email (now), the PlayBook accesses the email through your phone using the bridge app. There is also native (separate) email coming (probably within weeks), that allows for the tablet to access email without use of the phone, and using an app. Now that said, Gmail and Yahoo and other email services work well now using the browser as it stands. In fact Gmail uses html5 and is very slick.
    10-10-11 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD