My "new" 9900 (GSM) is wonderful. It's the replacement I got recently for my 9930 (CDMA), which would not be supported by my current cell service provider. The only issue is that I no longer have BIS with the 9900. That's o.k.; I don't really miss all the e-mails, and my philosophy here is that we can be "too" available anyway. It's rather nice to reserve the phone for phone calls and texts. So much for rationalizing, though!

Lack of BIS, however, means that I cannot transfer pictures from the 9900 to my computer as I had done before -- through e-mail. Any attempt now produces a message telling me that I don't have service. BUT -- there's a workaround! You aficionados may already know this, but just in case you don't, I'll share it.

One of the options that comes up is to send the image as a text message. After I enter my name, the last item on the list of contact numbers that appears is -- ta-da! -- my gmail address. I click "send", and that's that! The image is now on my computer, to share and/or save.

Hope this helps someone else!
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    09-10-16 11:03 AM
    And what about BlackBerry Desktop Manager + USB?
    09-10-16 11:49 AM
    I haven't tried that. Had a bad experience transferring photos from a Samsung Galaxy 3 to computer using a USB; lost them all.
    09-10-16 12:02 PM
    I haven't tried that. Had a bad experience transferring photos from a Samsung Galaxy 3 to computer using a USB; lost them all.
    It's pretty easy with BlackBerry Desktop Manager. I still use a 9900 with BIS, but I use Desktop Manager routinely to transfer large files.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    tinytyke likes this.
    09-11-16 07:21 AM
    Tinytyke I'm curious, do you have a data plan? (non BIS, just standard).

I may be confused, i'm not sure if you're saying you send the photos whilst your phone is attached to your PC, or independent of your PC.

If sending independent of PC then sending mms requires a data plan. And as you've said you're sending to an email account. So, how if no data plan?

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    09-11-16 01:25 PM
    I have a pre-paid plan with AT&T; it covers service only and there's no extra charge for the phone itself (I had bought it beforehand). When I asked them about BIS, they had no idea what I was talking about -- and this place at one time had a wall filled with Blackberries! So, when I'm transferring pictures, the phone is not attached in any way to my PC. I'm not sure why they go through, honestly, but since they do, I'm not asking questions! I just thought it was neat that this avenue worked at all.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    09-11-16 02:24 PM
    Oh yep, I think you're on a winner!

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    tinytyke likes this.
    09-11-16 02:27 PM

Lack of BIS, however, means that I cannot transfer pictures from the 9900 to my computer as I had done before -- through e-mail.
    I just sent mine to Twitter, that worked without BIS and then saved them before anyone else could see them, then delete them off twitter

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    tinytyke and David Tyler like this.
    09-16-16 12:50 AM
    Thanks for the tip; if I ever get on Twitter, I'll give it a try!
    09-16-16 04:51 AM
    I just sent mine to Twitter, that worked without BIS and then saved them before anyone else could see them, then delete them off twitter
    CLEVER! Plus, waddaya know; Twitter is actually good for something.

Now: What does Twitter's user agreement say? Do they keep and own your images even after you delete them?

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    tinytyke likes this.
    09-16-16 06:32 AM
    CLEVER! Plus, waddaya know; Twitter is actually good for something.

Now: What does Twitter's user agreement say? Do they keep and own your images even after you delete them?

I don't think it is anything like Facebook or Instagram.....as far as I know. But anyone that does put pics on the net, I would say expect anything.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-18-16 04:39 AM