All good in the hood. On all 3 OS's I've run. Best Berry I've owned yet. Heck, best phone period I've ever had.
    11-12-11 10:33 PM
    i have had my 9900 since day one not once has it bricked (because of earlier comments i need not tell you of the **** suffered from updating an iPhone 4 to iOS5) i am getting a bit sick of people bitchin@ here, when anyone with any phone could bit@h. i know android, blackberry and certainly apple (mostly apple) unhappy users. My 9900 is great. No bricks not yet, sure it will come, would be an ***** not to think it will. All phones fu@k up, at some point. So what was your point?
    I agree with the other person your posting was uncalled for. How old are you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-11 11:16 PM
    ... so far so good.. i'm on 7.0.0.374..
    11-12-11 11:41 PM
    Got mine from ATT on Nov 6th.

440 Wiped
    474 Wiped
    503 up and running now.

Runs Fantastic.
    11-12-11 11:56 PM
    I have had mine for close to 3 months. No bricking problem at all.
    Been through 2 OS updates mainly to get the current superior battery life beating every other smart phone I know.

(I try not to talk about the perfect keypad on 9900 as it is off topic on this thread)
    omi10468 likes this.
    11-12-11 11:57 PM
    Got mine the day it was released from AT&T. No brick, no charging problems. Haven't updated OS. None of my Berries in the past bricked although I did drown my 8900 in tequila (sad day).
    On my 9900, I have a scratch on the screen near the Blackberry logo on the front, it rubs off then magically reappears...any idea what that is and why? lol
    You may be working your way through a coating on the glass. I got a Steinheil Ultra Crystal and you cant tell the difference. Fits perfect. It is actually easier to use because the glass was too slick and the Steinheil has a nice feel to it. The naked glass is a total PITA to clean too. With the screen protector I can just rub it on my shirt and it looks great. It would also cover that scratch.

SGP BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 Screen Protector Steinheil Series - BOLD - RIM BlackBerry - Cell Phones
    11-13-11 12:03 AM
    Mine is absolutely fine other than the convenience key not working half the time. I'll send it in for repairs eventually.

11-13-11 12:34 AM
    no brick for me or my wife! love this phone!
    11-13-11 12:42 AM
    No brick but it froze for the first time today when sending a BBM and restarted itself.
    11-13-11 12:44 AM
    Mine hasn't bricked either! Battery life has been great so far!
    11-13-11 12:44 AM
    2 months owner of 9900 made in Hungary here, no problems at all. great build quality ( unlike my ex mexico made 9930) and no bricking or software errors ( i had constant reboots and even bricked a few times on my 9930, but recovered it every time by reloading the os).
    11-13-11 01:27 AM
    No bricking on mine, had it 2-3 months now, I think

11-13-11 02:00 AM
    ( i had constant reboots and even bricked a few times on my 9930, but recovered it every time by reloading the os).
    You can only brick a phone once... if it was recovered, it was nuked.
    11-13-11 02:38 AM
    I got my phone from Vodafone UK on pre order on my web account, or early upgrade. I took it back for a replacement as I wasn't happy with the signal. After a vodafone tech did a remote download of an update, and after messing about with my phones settings diagnosed it as a dodgy handset.

He put a note on my account and when I went to the vodafone shop they looked up the account and replaced the phone straight away.

The replacement wasn't much better to be honest, but it seems each software download it seems to get better.

I wear my phone in a belt pouch and have found that sometimes it gets warm and the battery seems to drain, I believe this is caused by it searching for network, as when I am down on the shop floor a lot of the areas act like a Faraday cage ( which is sometimes good )

When I am at my desk I use a charging pod to ensure I always have battery.

As for the updates, I must be doing something wrong. I download the software, it unzips and installs on my laptop. I plug in my phone and the DM asks if I want to install the update. Which seems relatively easy.....I have had to do a few battery pulls to get all functions working.

All in all I find this phone a very nice piece of kit and I really like it......

edit......And it hasn't bricked nuked or anything else to date......
    Last edited by Captain Scarlet; 11-13-11 at 03:01 AM.
    11-13-11 02:59 AM
    I am finding the softboots are taking forever ... scares the **** out of me each time. As someone said above, I am terrified to update the OS

The day before I heard about the brickings, I CTRL_ALT_DEL soft-booted mine, and it stuck at the E in Blackberry. Had to do a physical battery pull - the only downside to the Otterbox Commuter case!...
    11-13-11 02:21 PM
    I have not bricked nor nuked my 9900 yet. It was made in Mexico. I got it early September. Recently updated to OS .503 with no issues. It fixed my random trackpad has a mind of its own syndrome.
    11-13-11 02:30 PM
    No bricking yet all though i did have a near death experience.. saw the white error screen.. battery pulled (and prayed) and it came back fine.. been good ever since i hardly do a battery pull unless im downloading and app or just doing a system clean
    11-13-11 02:37 PM
    Not so much as a flinch yet. Been perfect.
    11-13-11 02:54 PM
    I have never has a single Blackberry dies that was not recoverable. I do have two frineds who both have had bricked 9900 units, one of them is on the third 9900
    11-13-11 02:59 PM
    With all these "bricking" issues. I wonder how many of these are actually just nuked devices and the user isn't tech knowledgeable and just thinks its bricked. There is always a couple of these cases in this thread

11-13-11 05:05 PM
    You can only brick a phone once... if it was recovered, it was nuked.

Yes, you are totally right. But most of the folks complaining their devices are bricked are in fact nuked. A simple os reload with the loader.exe /nojvm will bring them back to life...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-13-11 05:14 PM
    Running strong here for 2+ months on Rogers stock unlocked. I don't have the charging pod, though. That might have been the reason it didn't get nuked while charging overnight.
    11-13-11 06:31 PM
    i got mine almost 2 months ago, upgraded to .374, running great, zero issues, hasn't bricked yet. hopefully it doesn't, otherwise i'll have to go to my 9650... do i still have warranty if i unlocked it for GSM use?
    11-13-11 07:43 PM
    I thought bricked was when you couldn't load the OS back to the device when its showing that jvm error then you just reload the OS back onto it. So how do you know when it actually bricked

11-13-11 07:51 PM
    Nevermind PHIL_UK answered my question as usual

11-13-11 07:54 PM
138 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD